Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you prefer to buy books or use the library?.

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
Hi, I recently only just started visiting my local library, again eventhougb I tend to buy books.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Do you prefer to buy books or use the library?. 12 votes

Buy books
58%
sinead276kaiifiona333Past UserNeonBlueThunder1IsThisJustFantasylunarcat522 7 votes
Use the library
41%
HarryTAzzimanPast Userjess63Jimette 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Use the library
    As someone who worked in a library for four years while I was at sixth-form and uni, I think there's only one answer that I can give to this @Amy22.

The books are FREE! Wohoo!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Use the library
    Always loved the library! Far more accessible and affordable. Sometimes you can get some good suggestions from people there too, which is nice :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Use the library
    I prefer to use the library although the library in my home town has little choice. I don't have the room to keep buying books, so if I do buy them I get them from a charity shop and then just donate them back when I've finished reading them if I didn't love the book.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Buy books
    I like to have my own physical copy of books, as I like to make notes in the books. I also like just generally being able to hold and read a physical copy of a book.
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Buy books
    Tough choice actually! :o There is something lovely about getting a getting a brand new undamaged book, so that's the main reason I choose new. :blush: Can't hate libraries though as they have so many unusual books that you can borrow for free, and they also have other services like computers and DVDs/CDs you can borrow. Think some also have cafes too. :smile:
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    Use the library
    Tough choice, had to pick randomly :sweat_smile:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3