Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How?

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,036 Community Veteran
How do I not feel like I'm f__k__g up every day? Is mindfulness for tht or not?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,902 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2023
    Hey @ellie2000, sorry this wasn't picked up. Just wanted to check in with you, how are you doing?

Mindfulness is a great way to process that thought - checking in with ourselves, and reminding ourselves of not only the mistakes we need to learn from, but also the good things that we achieved that day. Sometimes, a peaceful moment can give us the clarity and perspective to know that actually, we're doing better than we think, and that can be comforting :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Azziman I'm gd, I went to emma kenny crime tlk yesterday. Ppl who who like serial killers, is tht a symptom of ptsd?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    R we already messy for liking tht subject?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000 !

I’m sure there are many reasons people like crime talks, I know I like them because I find them interesting, especially the psychology behind committing crimes, as well as the efforts that professionals go to to apprehend the criminal. By no means does liking crime shows and talks etc make you messy, people just have different interests, and thats perfectly valid!

How was the Emma Kenny crime talk? I’ve seen her on TV, she’s very interesting!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    @LydsRose9 I like her, she did Ted b, shipman n the one tht had restraints in a caravan
    Who was tht lady one, her initials were J.D?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,902 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, glad to hear that you enjoyed the talk! I've heard of her but didn't realise she did crime talks. Crime media (shows, talks, books etc) is a popular genre that lots of people love, and some people can find serial killers to be mysterious and dangerous, which can engage you in the story a lot. I don't think that PTSD has a particular impact on whether you like content that involves serial killers, or crime for that matter. Crime can be interesting from an entertainment point of view, because it's a story about people acting outside the norm, and that can tell us about how the general public act and feel too. So in short, if you enjoy it (watching, not doing!), that's totally fine :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.