Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something different

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
This community has inspired me with all the poems and writing and stuff, so I thought I'd try something 'creative' myself. Now I've written a couple of things already, but they all seem so weird or cringey, and I never had the courage to post them. Today though, I woke up feeling sad and decided to try writing something 'motivational' for a change. So here it is...

We live in a very vast world, a world so enormous that with all this technology and science, we still know nothing. In comparison, we are pretty much - insignificant...
So why worry? Why worry about the past? Why worry about things we cannot change? Why stress out over things that aren't worth stressing out over? Cause the stress isn't infinite. Your worries are not infinite. The galaxy is. And why worry about exploring the galaxy when we already have more than enough to explore here on Earth; so many places to visit, so many people to meet. So get yourself out there. Go have fun. Cause no matter how good the cards you're dealt - you can't win, no matter how bad the cards you're dealt - you can't lose, in a game that lasts forever.
What you can do is write a story, your story. One that can insipre and excite. In the end, the human race is like a library; full of books with some great stories to tell. So author, write your book, insipre others, make it into their book. But most importantly, make your story worth picking up.

Still pretty cringy and it can definitely be improved a lot but I'm happy with it. I know I'll regret not adding a lot of stuff later, but it is what it is. I'm definitely talking a lot to myself hehe, but I hope someone can get something positive out of this. Take care.
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 612 Incredible Poster
    This was so lovely to read, @JJLemon18 :).

I have often had similar thoughts when I find myself worrying over small things. We're literally spinning on a sphere through space!
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    In the end, the human race is like a library; full of books with some great stories to tell. So author, write your book, insipre others, make it into their book. But most importantly, make your story worth picking up.

Such beautiful words and so true! <3.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    This was a joy to read @JJLemon18 - standing back and placing things in perspective is a great exercise in the best and worst of times! The analogy of humanity as a library of books and stories to be written is a great one - nice choice :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Gemma @Azziman Hey thank you so much!! :3
    I swear I've heard the analogy comparing a human life to a book, but I can't remember where. I got inspired by a couple of stuff but I can't really pinpoint what, I guess I just came up with everything myself using stuff I learnt all these years. That's how most poetry is made isn't it? I literally took like 1-2 hours making it so I'm pretty proud haha. A few ideas just suddenly popped into my head and I thought 'wow that's pretty cool I have to write it down', and the rest just kinda came to me as I was writing it.
    Gemma wrote: »
    We're literally spinning on a sphere through space!
    I literally posted this in the meme thread a bit of time ago haha:
    c8tsiqu27e6i.jpg
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Don't worry what you wrote definitly isn't cringey and in fact it has really made my day. You really have a way with words and I think that in itself is a great skill to have. I also love the quote about being a ghost driving a meat skeleton through space <3. Thank you for sharing your writing with us and feel free to write more too.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 thank you so much! I'm actually tempted on sharing some of the other stuff I wrote but none of it is positive like this, it's pretty depressing :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 I get you with that though I think it would be cool to see some of it too I love creative writing things and reading :)
  • Options
    @Amy22 maybe one day. I feel like I still have to work on them a bit more
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Yeah I get you as it does take quite some time to work on writing stuff, I might actually post some of my scripts or college writing stuff on here one day too
  • Options
    @Amy22 that would be awesome, would love to see it! :)
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    it's kinda short but for some reason this brought tears to my eyes lol. I love it :blush:
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @Xee kinda short?? Well I say quality over quantity haha. I could have easily made it longer I just didn't want people getting bored reading it. Thanks :)