Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Harasssed by neighboyr

dollymixdollymix Posts: 18 Settling in
My upstairs neighbour plays techno base music literally all night almost every night of varying volumes. Apparently its not loud enough to do anything but its doing my head in. No one can be expected to sleep with the sound of constant hammering. Would it be considered harassment to go up and put a letter through their letterbox and can someone help me word it

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    I think putting a letter through their letterbox is a good idea :) If they still refuse after that maybe earplugs will be the best solution. But as for wording the letter, I'm not sure I'm pretty shit at wording things too haha. I think as long as you sound polite it would be ok. Like 'Hey I understand you wanna play your music but I've been struggling to sleep with it so would it be possible for you to turn it down a little? Thanks!' but then also maybe being a little bit harsh would be good because then they'll actually listen. Idk if that makes sense or will help at all
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @Xee I wrote the letter 7cjdd1b6ux08.jpg then left it outside their door rather than posting it as I wanted to get away before they could see who i was
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @dollymix Well done lol :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Update; Theyre still doing it
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    That doesn't sound like a pleasant time @dollymix - I can imagine it's not easy to ignore or get some proper rest! Sorry to hear that that they didn't stop after your letter.

Citizens Advice have a really comprehensive article about what to do when you have a noisy neighbour: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/problems-where-you-live/complaining-about-your-neighbour/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @dollymix

How's it going at the moment? Are they still doing it?
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @dollymix, just wanted to check in with you and see how you're feeling? Has there been any change in the situation?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Yeah and a man was arrested for abuse then returbed a few days later
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @dollymix It sounds like things are really difficult in your neighbourhood still and especially if the man has returned.I can imagine that that would be quite worrying How are you feeling about things at the moment?We are all here if you want to chat a bit more about whats going on take care
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Hey @dollymix It sounds like things are really difficult in your neighbourhood still and especially if the man has returned.I can imagine that that would be quite worrying How are you feeling about things at the moment?We are all here if you want to chat a bit more about whats going on take care

Its a rough area and i keep to myself but having to listen to the fights etc that go on nearby in the middle of the night when im in bed has had an impact on me physically, i know i need a change of mindset and to think other thoughts cos its nothing to do with me but its scary and now i have sleep issues and ive been trying to do everything i can within my own control to improve my quality of life but i have to say im not doing very well, and i dont even know who i should be complaining to as the police have limited resources and the antisocial behaviour team makes collecting evidence and taking action a mission to the moon.

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    heya @dollymix Sorry to hear that things are still challenging for you in your neighbourhood. I am hearing how it is having a impact on you physically and especially with the lack of sleep and i can imagine how scary and disruptive it is on your everyday life. Its ok to feel scared and it can be really hard to change yout mindset especially when its having such a negative effect on you but its really postive that you have been trying everything you can to improve things and its great that you r acknwodleging that well done. I can imagine how its taking a toll on you and that it can be so frustrating that the behvaiour team ad police arent doing much about it. I wonder would your local council be able to help? altho i know that might also be hard to get hold off. We are here if you wnat to chat more about it take care and well done for keeping going in such a tough sittuation We are here for you and proud of you <3