Home General Chat Polls of the Week
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eBook, Physical Book or Audio Book - if you could only choose one then which would it be?

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨

eBook, Physical Book or Audio Book - if you could only choose one then which would it be? 10 votes

eBook
30%
Azzimansinead276libbystrawberry 3 votes
Physical Book
60%
Past Userjess63Amy22ebyrne556JJLemon18yana 6 votes
Audio Book
10%
JustV 1 vote
No Book!
0%

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    Physical Book
    I personally don't read books, but if I had to choose then it would be physical books for sure. I don't want to look at screens any more than I already do as I know its bad for my eyes, however I'm a very visual learner so I know I wouldn't be able to concentrate on an audio book.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Physical Book
    Im such a big reader so this is hard but i would say physical book just as some books can be hard to read online especially if they r long altho i do like all types
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    eBook
    As much as I love a good physical book, most of my reading is done on through ebooks either on my kindle or the books app on my phone :3
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,260 Wise Owl
    Physical Book
    I used to spend every second of my life reading my kindle so I totally get where you're coming from @sinead276 it's like so much more convenient and easy but I feel like physical books are just always gonna be better lol. Also idk if this is gonna make any sense at all but I feel like when I read online I always forget the name of the book after a few months but i think reading a physical book is just more memorable bcs I have to carry it around and look at the cover. Idk if that made sense lol but yeah :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    Audio Book
    I've never been able to just sit and read a book, but I can listen to audiobooks for hours and hours. They help me do chores and travel without getting too antsy.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    Physical Book
    I love a good physical book as I love being able to touch and hold a copy of a book in my hands. It is also better personally for me as my eyes hurt if I stare at a screen for too much. I tend to fluctuate between online and physical sometimes as I do read book samples online mostly on Amazon. However, audio books are cool too. I also love the smell of books, I don't know if that sounds weird or odd, but ah the smell of books is relaxing to me so much.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Physical Book
    I love a physical book, but saying that I’ve recently got into listening to audiobooks on a Night Shift and really like it, I can listen whilst working, but nothing beats a physical book for me
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    eBook
    I'd go for Ebooks, all the way - I prefer to read text than hear audio, and it's much more convenient to carry around and store digitally! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.