Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beat x The Mix Eating Disorders Awareness Week discussion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    Please don't apologise @Morgan007. I hope school went well and glad you felt able to reach out to us this evening! Well done you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BeatMeganBeatMegan Posts: 53 Expert
    @Laura_tigger82 it sounds like this person has been through a lot having just come home from hospital so they've done an amazing job in reaching out for support.

It can be a tough transition to try and slip back into home life after being in hospital. Something that I know a lot of people love to do is make a little self care kit to help them when things feel too overwhelming. This can contain anything that you find calming! Face mask, stress boys, coloring books etc.

Having a structure to your day can also be helpful for this adjustment, perhaps knowing when you will wake up, have your meals, go to bed.

Finally, make sure to speak to the people around you and let them know anything they can do to make this time as easy for you as possible.

You may feel that the recovery journey seems long but you should be proud of how far you've come <3
    Senior Advisor at Beat Eating Disorders
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Thank you so much for responding to this community member's question too @BeatMegan. I can particularly hear how self-care, structure and talking to people might be helpful :)

I can see @Morgan007 has one more question for you - thank you again @Morgan007. You have been really brave to ask some questions.

I would like to sum this up by thanking you again @BeatMegan. If our community needs any further support after reading this thread, some resources you might find helpful are:
    BEAT
    Samaritans
    GP / mental health team
    The Mix's Helpline
    The resources @BeatMegan has posted throughout this thread

Take care everyone. Remember, we are all here for you and there is support available <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I believe @BeatMegan has seen and will be responding to your second question @Morgan007. Thank you for your thank you's - we value your appreciation <3
  • Options
    @Morgan007 that's a really great question. It can be hard to tell when eating difficulties become an eating disorder and often the lines are very blurred so there isn't one particular answer! Some doctors may consider the cause of the eating problems, whether this is caused by a desire to loose weight, a lack of interest in food or another mental health issue. It may be helpful for you to look through the page on the types of eating disorders to see if any of them feel like what you might be experiencing https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/get-information-and-support/about-eating-disorders/types/

And if you ever feel like you want a second opinion on this or more support with your eating, do let CAMHS know!

Thank you for your questions :3
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for having me today and well done for sharing all these wonderful questions! If you feel you need any further support around eating disorders, please do reach out to us at Beat <3
  • Options
    Thank you again from me too @BeatMegan, all of our wonderful and brave community members who have asked questions and @Morgan007 for joining us on this thread! We are both off now. Goodnight all, take care and remember to reach out for support if you need it :3<3