Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wat i used to say

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
bc i suffer frm ptsd, i sed to a carer 'can u r_pe me plz, i sed i would feel better?
does trauma make u want to experience it again
wat do i say if its brought up?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Thank you for opening up about this @ellie2000 <3

You're certainly right, after experiencing really painful trauma it is quite common for people to feel 'hypersexual' or like they need to connect through re-enacting the trauma they experienced. So, in your case, it could be that you feel like it's easier to talk to someone in a way that mirrors the way you were treated.

I think it could be helpful to explore this more and it being brought up could be a good thing because you could try to understand where this is coming from?

Here is an article that can explain what I am saying better and in more detail:

https://www.empowordjournalism.com/all-articles/hypersexuality-as-a-valid-trauma-response/

Do you feel able to talk about it more? xx

Huge hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.