Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do I ?

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Morgan007

I'm hearing that you are feeling like you don't matter. That sounds really difficult. It can be hard sometimes to think about the good things. One thing you could do is make a list of positive, a list of things that mean you do matter. I can start you off. You are really good at supporting the community and make a lot of other people feel supported, you're funny and have made me and others laugh with your jokes on the joke thread. These to me are reasons that you matter. How would you feel about carrying this list on?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,115 Wise Owl
    Just want to say that you do matter and you always will - you're a key part of the community here on the mix.

I'm sorry to hear you may feel that you don't but trust me - you definitely do

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,121 Community Veteran
    Of course you matter @Morgan007 you are very important on here especially at The Mix. You matter just like anyone else would on here. You brighten The Mix a lot btw, especially with the jokes thread as those jokes really made me smile.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    You 100000% matter, not just to me but everyone on here. I know it can be near impossible to accept and believe words on a screen like this @Morgan007 , but you have an extremely beautiful soul. You light up every discussion board you are on, with your insightful opinions and your compassionate and kind words. Not everyone possesses these brilliant gifts, and I certainly won't stop reminding you of that whenever you need some reassurance <3

Also here if you're wanting to talk about where these feelings of self-doubt are coming from xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    It is really positive that you are able to recognise where it comes from @Morgan007. Even though no one has the right to treat you like this and make you uncomfortable.

You have been really brave in sharing this with us. I appreciate these things are not always the easiest to talk about, even when you feel used to it.

You have mentioned being used to people bullying and being unkind to you. Would you like to tell us more about this and how things look like for you at the moment?

We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That is more than okay, really I'm just sharing the truth that everyone on here already knows @Morgan007 <3

Equally, knowing that all this self-doubt is coming from how others are treating you is simply awful. I mean, any kind of bullying is terrible, but when it starts to affect your self-esteem so deeply, it can be overwhelming and crushing. Then once it has gone on for so long, it's like you're just resigned to accept that this is how the world is, which should never be the case :(

I completely agree with @Laura_tigger82 , that we'd be grateful to hear more about the bullying if you feel able to talk about it? Huge hugs either way <3<3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,121 Community Veteran
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    Even though no one has the right to treat you like this and make you uncomfortable
    It's fine I've accepted that its always going to be like that.
    You have mentioned being used to people bullying and being unkind to you. Would you like to tell us more about this and how things look like for you at the moment?
    I completely agree with @Laura_tigger82 , that we'd be grateful to hear more about the bullying if you feel able to talk about it?
    I'll put it as a spoiler as it includes violence

:warning: TW :warning: VIOLENCE
    ●year 2- got bullied because people found out i was adopted so i started being called a freak.
    ● year 3- i became the adopted freak and people would push me and stuff
    ● year 4- people would steal my stuff and ruin my work
    ● year 5- i was getting told to end my life
    ● year 6- i was being picked on by the teacher who was horrible to me and when we had PE people would take my clothes
    ● year 7- i was getting told to end my life and I got sexually assaulted by a boy(got sorted in the end)
    ● year 8 i was called worthless and and the unwanted freak
    ● year 9 things calmed down a little i was only being kicked and stuff
    ● Year 10 was horrendous, i got beaten up for no reason and I was the abandoned unloved freak
    ● year 11(current year) i got called unloved, worthless, selfish and i got told to die by someone, i just have to deal with a little bit of bullying which are rumours.

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. No one should ever have to go through that. I can imagine how terrible that was for you to go through. Im always here if you someone to talk to,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films