Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Really Hopeless

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
I have been feeling hopeless for a few days now, I think mainly about my future career and in general but also I dont feel confident. I think this has been the most hopeless time I have felt since getting withdrawn from college and that sucked then. I think a lot I couldn't even cope with college how am I going to cope with a job like I was unhappy there and I am not good academically like fucking hell. I've never really found my feet, I don't want to have any negative experiences like I did a foundation course in college and I didn't like it all all it felt like a chore. I just feel that hopeless that if I have one more negative experience then it will fuck my hope up even more like confidence and hope I'll ever be happy in life coz I went to certain schools that I didn't like then went to college thinking it would be better but it was worse and I feel like its just one thing after another. I'm unmotivated to sort something out because I worry I will get another bad experience. Now everyone always takes the piss out of me because I don't know what to do and am not sorted yet. I just have been down and so so hopeless. I struggled to sleep, I just have been stressing about everything during the day and worrying.

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    You have been really brave and strong in sharing this with us @FordRanger. I can hear how you have been feeling hopeless, stressed, and worried and this has caused you difficulties with sleeping.

It sounds like you are feeling particularly hopeless about your future career at the moment. In particular, how you might cope with a job. This seems to be based, mainly, on your previous negative experiences with education and not coping with education or finding it enjoyable.

To you, it sounds really important to find a future career that you will enjoy and feel confident in. Am I hearing this right? Despite other people saying otherwise, it is ok to discover this at your own pace. I am just wondering though, would anything make this feel more manageable for you at the moment?

We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    You have been really brave and strong in sharing this with us @FordRanger. I can hear how you have been feeling hopeless, stressed, and worried and this has caused you difficulties with sleeping.

It sounds like you are feeling particularly hopeless about your future career at the moment. In particular, how you might cope with a job. This seems to be based, mainly, on your previous negative experiences with education and not coping with education or finding it enjoyable.

To you, it sounds really important to find a future career that you will enjoy and feel confident in. Am I hearing this right? Despite other people saying otherwise, it is ok to discover this at your own pace. I am just wondering though, would anything make this feel more manageable for you at the moment?

We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing :)

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yh you're hearing ot all right. I'm not sure what would make things easier, maybe ignoring negative people and stuff. I appreciate the reply though
  • Options
    cocobeancocobean Moderator, Staff Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Hi @FordRanger just checking in to see how you're doing?

It sounds like it's been a difficult time for you. Your thoughts and feelings are important to us, and so are you. Please keep us updated so we know how you're getting on.
  • Options
    cocobean wrote: »
    Hi @FordRanger just checking in to see how you're doing?

It sounds like it's been a difficult time for you. Your thoughts and feelings are important to us, and so are you. Please keep us updated so we know how you're getting on.

Been not too bad, just worrying about my future sometimes. I appreciate you checking
  • Options
    We can hear you are worried about your future sometimes @FordRanger. Do you have any support in place for this at the moment?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    We can hear you are worried about your future sometimes @FordRanger. Do you have any support in place for this at the moment?

I talk on here on the support chat and also talk to Kooth too
  • Options
    It sounds positive that you feel able to talk to us on here on the support chat and Kooth @FordRanger. How are you feeling today? :)
  • Options
    It sounds positive that you feel able to talk to us on here on the support chat and Kooth @FordRanger. How are you feeling today? :)

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I've been feeling on and off recently. I've made a new discussion about what's been bothering me recently https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3601790/ive-not-been-feeling-100-percent#latest

Cheers