Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ive Not Been Feeling 100 percent

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,323 Wise Owl
I have been feeling often struggling to sleep and sometimes not 100 percent. I think because I have been worried about stuff a lot like my future and like now I don't know what to as in as a job because I don't want to do anything where I'm unhappy or stressed. I went to college it was just a chore and I was unhappy and stressed sometimes with that, it ruined my confidence because students would take the piss and staff would be negative. I feel like in a job I'd have the same experience, maybe rude colleagues and boss not treating me right. I just worry because I feel like life is just working in a job I dont like, being happy on a Friday then unhappy on a Sunday and Monday because having to work again, I feel like that's the reality then it's just an on going circle for years. Also I just feel incapable of any jobs, like i see people doing a career or job they enjoy but i feel incapable of that, tbh I feel incapable of any job. I think that's why I'm not feeling 100 percent. Also I overthink small things too often. It's just atm I don't know what to do because I do need to do something but don't want to be stressed out or be at home unhappy with some job because I'll feel even worse and even more hopeless.

Comments

• Options
    HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    FordRanger wrote: »
    I have been feeling often struggling to sleep and sometimes not 100 percent. I think because I have been worried about stuff a lot like my future and like now I don't know what to as in as a job because I don't want to do anything where I'm unhappy or stressed. I went to college it was just a chore and I was unhappy and stressed sometimes with that, it ruined my confidence because students would take the piss and staff would be negative. I feel like in a job I'd have the same experience, maybe rude colleagues and boss not treating me right. I just worry because I feel like life is just working in a job I dont like, being happy on a Friday then unhappy on a Sunday and Monday because having to work again, I feel like that's the reality then it's just an on going circle for years. Also I just feel incapable of any jobs, like i see people doing a career or job they enjoy but i feel incapable of that, tbh I feel incapable of any job. I think that's why I'm not feeling 100 percent. Also I overthink small things too often. It's just atm I don't know what to do because I do need to do something but don't want to be stressed out or be at home unhappy with some job because I'll feel even worse and even more hopeless.

Hey @FordRanger,

Struggling with sleep, not feeling 100% and worrying about the future and your job sounds tough, especially if this is all at once right now. Just want to let you know that you're not alone and we're always here for you. How are you feeling about it all right now?

There are a load of useful articles about finding a job that's right for you (including job hunting, looking after your mental health at work, CV and interview tips, remaining motivated and more) on The Mix's Work & Study Hub here. Would these be helpful at the moment? It might also be helpful to read this article "How can I sleep better at night" to get some helpful tips for a better nights' sleep.

You also mentioned that you overthink small things too often. Have you ever tried grounding techniques? They can be helpful at times we're in a moment of panic or have a lot going on in our minds - and can help us focus, calm ourselves down and look after ourselves. There are some helpful tips on how grounding techniques here.

Let us know how you get on, and remember we're always here for you :)
  • Options
    FordRanger wrote: »

Hey @FordRanger,

Struggling with sleep, not feeling 100% and worrying about the future and your job sounds tough, especially if this is all at once right now. Just want to let you know that you're not alone and we're always here for you. How are you feeling about it all right now?

There are a load of useful articles about finding a job that's right for you (including job hunting, looking after your mental health at work, CV and interview tips, remaining motivated and more) on The Mix's Work & Study Hub here. Would these be helpful at the moment? It might also be helpful to read this article "How can I sleep better at night" to get some helpful tips for a better nights' sleep.

You also mentioned that you overthink small things too often. Have you ever tried grounding techniques? They can be helpful at times we're in a moment of panic or have a lot going on in our minds - and can help us focus, calm ourselves down and look after ourselves. There are some helpful tips on how grounding techniques here.

Let us know how you get on, and remember we're always here for you :)

Hi, im feeling a bit better but I didn't sleep properly last night, I was struggling and worrying about things at night. I did finally get to sleep though. I appreciate the support genuinely though bro.

I've not heard of grounding techniques though but I'll check the link and I'll check the other links too.

Cheers
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Aware it's been a while since you checked in here @FordRanger, but I wanted to drop by. I get the impression that you're feeling quite weighed down (if that's the right phrase) by a lack of direction or not knowing what your future is going to look like, which is super valid. Not having those things can naturally leave us feeling a bit aimless and demotivated.

Also, not getting sleep can have a huuuge impact on how you feel day-to-day. I know sometimes it feels difficult to know how to start working through life issues when you're tired or depressed, because you might not have the energy to do anything to begin with. It's tough.

How have you been sleeping since? Do you think you're struggling to sleep because of the stuff on your mind or could there be other factors too? (e.g. a good bedtime routine, not eating before bed, etc)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Mike wrote: »
    Aware it's been a while since you checked in here @FordRanger, but I wanted to drop by. I get the impression that you're feeling quite weighed down (if that's the right phrase) by a lack of direction or not knowing what your future is going to look like, which is super valid. Not having those things can naturally leave us feeling a bit aimless and demotivated.

Also, not getting sleep can have a huuuge impact on how you feel day-to-day. I know sometimes it feels difficult to know how to start working through life issues when you're tired or depressed, because you might not have the energy to do anything to begin with. It's tough.

How have you been sleeping since? Do you think you're struggling to sleep because of the stuff on your mind or could there be other factors too? (e.g. a good bedtime routine, not eating before bed, etc)

Hi. I'm still not 100 percent, I'm feeling incapable etc. I think it's to do with a few family problems too. I have been struggling to sleep still a few nights a week but I do sleep eventually and I think most nights I get a sleep.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    I suppose that's something @FordRanger. Keep at it and let us know how you get on. :) You can also use some over the counter remedies for sleeplessness like Kalms. I've never used them but I know people who swear by them: https://www.kalmsrange.com/

Also a reminder that you're super capable, even if you don't feel it right now. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.