Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Teen pregnancy

2»

Comments

• Options
    annasannas Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    My scan went really well and the likelihood of me having a downs baby is very small due to my age. I am now 16 weeks pregnant and my bump is becoming more obvious I am also feeling butterflies in my tummy. My clothes are starting to become tight. I am going to have to tell my parents soon that I am pregnant. I am so scared I really can’t believe that I am going to have a baby in 6 months time.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m glad your scan went well @annas, how do you feel about telling your parents, have you got a plan of how you’re going to tell them? Have you got people to talk to in the meantime that can help you,
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Dandelion i have my 20 week scan in two weeks and I am intending to show my mum the baby pictures. It will be my way of telling mum that I am pregnant. I really don’t want to go back to school after Easter as my pregnancy is becoming more obvious.
  • Options
    I am so scared I am going to have the baby in four weeks and I am really nervous about going into labour and giving birth. My mum suffers with bipolar and I could be giving birth with just me and the midwife if mum has to go into hospital again. My pregnancy has really stressed her out and I am not sure what she would say if I was to become pregnant again.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @annas I am hearing that you are feeling nervous about giving birth and that your mum may not be able to be there for the birth if she goes into hospital again. That sounds really tough. How would you feel if it was just you and your midwife when you are giving birth?

The NHS has some information on signs labour has begun and what happens at the hospital of birth centre
    Brook also has some information on pregnancy and giving birth including stories from young people who have given birth https://www.brook.org.uk/topics/pregnancy/

I am also hearing that you are not sure what your mum would say if you were to become pregnant again. How would you feel about talking to your mum about this and seeing how she would feel if you were to become pregnant again?

Keep us updated with how you're getting on and remember we're all here for you.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Hi @jess63

At the weekend I told my boyfriend that mum might not be there when the baby comes it could just be me and the
    midwife which was making me really nervous. He said that he and his mum will also be there when I’m in labour, I am pleased that I won’t be on my own as I am really scared about the fact that I am about to have the baby.

My mum has been in hospital a few times as she has been having bipolar episodes. My boyfriend said that by this time next year baby number 2 will be on its way. I am nervous about becoming pregnant again so soon after this baby.
  • Options
    Hi @annas

Well done for reaching out and telling your boyfriend how you are feeling. I'm hearing you are feeling pleased that your boyfriend and his mum can be there with you. I think that's really positive. Does your boyfriend being there make you feel less nervous?

I'm also hearing that you're worried about becoming pregnant so soon again after this. How would you feel about speaking to your boyfriend about this?

Well done for reaching out to the community, we're all here for you :)
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Hi

My due date is Wednesday but I went into labour last night. I went into labour at 3am and I have been having contractions for the last 9 hours.

The baby is on its way I am about to become a mum.
  • Options
    Hi @annas

Congratulations! how are you feeling about becoming a mum?

I hope everything goes well for you and the baby, keep us updated with how things are going :)
  • Options
    Hi

I wish the baby would come soon. My contractions are really strong and I really wish that I could push the baby out soon.

Anna
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    You're doing really well Annas and we're all here to support you through this <3

It sounds like you've been in labour for quite some time, hopefully the baby will be here very soon. How are you feeling?

I've been reading a bit about the stages of labour over on the NHS website and they recommend to reach out to your midwife if the contractions are feeling really strong. Are you receiving any support from your midwife or the hospital team?

Here's a section of the article if you would find it helpful to read through:
    When to contact a midwife

Contact your midwifery team if:
    - your contractions are regular and you're having about 3 in every 10-minute period
    - your waters break
    - your contractions are very strong and you feel you need pain relief
    - you're worried about anything

Once labour is established, your midwife will check on you from time to time to see how you're progressing and offer you support, including pain relief if you need it.

I also found an article which talks through some breathing techniques that you can use in labour that you might find helpful to read through - https://www.webmd.com/baby/types-of-delivery-breathing-techniques

If you're looking for some calming videos to watch to help you with your breathing, I've found a few online which I'll share below:
    - Breathing techniques for an easier labour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK9BrVX8RhM&amp;ab_channel=BridgetTeyler
    - Calm breathing guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXKjGFUlMs&amp;ab_channel=Calm

Keep going Annas, you're doing so well <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @annas just sending you hugs and support while you’re going through this! Hope you are doing ok 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    I think I am about to deliver the baby, I’m feeling a real urge to push.
  • Options
    I’ve had the baby her name is Rebecca Catherine and she weighed 7lb 3ozs and was born at 10.30am.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Congratulations @annas . Glad to hear you got through it as it takes real strength to do so. I hope both you and Rebecca are doing well and I wish you nothing but the best.

Sending you both lots of hugs

Sinead <3
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @annas Congratulations <3
  • Options
    Congratulations @annas, how are you and Rebecca doing at the minute?

If you need any support remember you can reach out at any time, we're all here for you, I'll also attach some links to organisations that provide support to new mums in case you're needing any support.

https://www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/im-pregnant/mental-wellbeing/mental-health-during-and-after-pregnancy - Provides support to people before, during and after pregnancy
    https://www.nct.org.uk/baby-toddler - Has lots of information for new mums

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    annas wrote: »
    I’ve had the baby her name is Rebecca Catherine and she weighed 7lb 3ozs and was born at 10.30am.

Hello @annas,

I'm just joining the chorus of messages here to say that I hope you're doing okay after giving birth to Rebecca Catherine, Annas. We're here for you if there's anything that you'd like to talk about.

How are you feeling? How did the birth go? We're here to listen, Annas. <3

Take care,
    Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Massive congratulations @annas. How are you getting on?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    you truly are amazing @annas =) Rebecca Catherine sounds like a lovely name, for a beautiful baby <3 I do hope everything is going well for you both, and remember we are here if you need anything at all !! xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    hr13hr13 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Congratulations <3