Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Group

potatololpotatolol Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
Hi, its not letting me get into the support group chat tonight, when i login it just has a white screen saying groups and nothing happens, help pls!

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @potatolol - first up, great username! Sorry that you've been struggling to access chat tonight, unfortunately they were closed this evening. The best place to check whether there are any issues is to check out this section of the boards, as this is where the team post updates as to whether chat is on or not, or if there are any tech issues with the software. Occasionally, you have to do something a bit different to access chat.

Sometimes when chat is down, there are people running threads on the boards, so always worth having a look around :3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    @
    Ed_ wrote: »

Hey Ed, thanks for the response, i didnt know this. while ur here can i just ask how comes the online chat is offline mosft of the time when i check its always during the opening hours but it never seems t be online
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @potatolol - do you mean the 1-2-1 chat at the top of the page, or the group chats? 1-2-1 chat may appear as offline when all the people available to talk are busy on other chats. The group chats that happen every night from 8-9.30pm should be open and available at the advertised times unless stated on the group chat announcement page (for example there are a few weeks a year that the team take a break). I'm just looping in @TheMix team as they may be able to shed further light on this :)
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    @Ed yea I meant the 1-2-1 chat
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for the tag @Ed_, and apologies for the confusion last night @potatolol. We try and announce group chat closures in good time but it's not always obvious.

Ed's totally right - with 1-2-1 chats, assuming you're contacting them during opening hours (4pm-11pm), they should only show as offline if all our volunteers are busy. As a general rule you should be able to reach someone though. 🤔 How many times have you tried?

If it's a persistent problem, drop us an email on community@themix.org.uk with some screenshots of what you're seeing and we can take it to our techies. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.