Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the mind

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
how do u get out the frame of mind of asking ppl to do stuff to u. wats tht behaviour linked to?
ie. ptsd....??????????????????????????????????????????????
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Good morning Ellie :) Would you feel comfortable explaining a bit more about what 'stuff' you're asking people to do to you? Just so I have a better understanding of what you're referring to? Only whatever you're happy to share :smile:

When trying to work out what that behaviour is linked to, I believe it can sometimes depend on the person and their own experiences, rather than one link for everyone, if that makes sense :smile: It isn't easy trying to work out where behaviours come from for you, but it can be an interesting piece of self reflection.
  • Options
    wanting to get hurt? ppl to leave me on the floor naked internal hurting again. can trauma do tht to u? i thought of tht wen a stranger bought me dinner at the cafe
    wat is self reflection
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    nd i talked about how p*ss*d off i was at russia
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    why do ppl approach u with 'wtf is wrong with u?' instead of finding out ur issues?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    im not complaining tht someone bought me dinner, its ok, im ok, modern world is Sh*t but its all ok
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 appreciate you sharing this with us as I know how it can be quite confusing to be experiencing these feelings. On your question around trauma, I am certainly no expert, however it does sound like having feelings of wanting harm could be a part of that. Mind have quite a good article that talks through some of the effects of trauma which may be useful to have a look through: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/trauma/effects-of-trauma/

In terms of how others act, it's a really hard one to answer as ultimately that's on them. What I would say though is to ignore the people that don't get it, and focus on people who do listen and show care and interest into how things are for you. The Mix is a safe place and we are all here to listen and talk things through with you. How are you feeling right now about all this?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.