Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Phone harassment - The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited June 2022 in Articles
imagePhone harassment - The Mix

Getting nasty calls? The Mix explains how to deal with phone harassment.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• blondigirl25blondigirl25 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I've been getting harassed by a past mate of mine on private numbers and shes also given my number out to several people the Abusive communications and threats, this is has been going on for nearly a whole week now and it's affected my mental state, I've lost myself ,have had to barricade myself in my flat and covered all my windows in thick sheets so nobody can look in if they didn't turn up
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Hi @blondigirl25

It’s understandable that the threatening messages from a private number, who you believe to be from a past mate, to be causing harm to your mental health.

Since it’s been going on for a while, you might want to keep the messages as a record of the messages sent to you and make a note of the times that it happens. You could then contact your phone service provider or the police if you still feel threatened.

You don’t deserve to feel threatened at all <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.