Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help TW:

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
I feel awful, suicidal and just like wanting to never wake up. Currently on the call to shout but taking ages to connect.. but hopefully I'll be fine
Tagged:

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs @Leila call 999 if you need help urgently x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Sending hugs @Leila call 999 if you need help urgently x

Everything is okay, It's okay!x
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Aww Leila! Good on you for calling Shout!

Although probably not quite to your extent, I've been there. I don't know if this will help you but this is what helps me. When I tell myself that it gets better, that those feelings will be over, I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. It feels like once I am better, I have to commit to feeling better and if I have a day where I don't and feel terrible, I'll hit a downward spiral. I'll feel like it won't ever better.

Instead, I think sometimes it does get better. It allows me to have my bad days but still look forward to the good days or even the okay days because I'm not being as hard on myself for those bad days. It makes waiting for those good days, or even moments worth it. It makes life worth it because some moments are just so precious. It doesn't make me feel guilty for having a bad day after I have a good day.

I hope this all makes sense and I hope you know that it's completely okay to not feel okay sometimes! If you're feeling bad right now, that's okay!

<3
    Whats a signatureeeww
    spoon wrote: »

Although probably not quite to your extent, I've been there. I don't know if this will help you but this is what helps me. When I tell myself that it gets better, that those feelings will be over, I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. It feels like once I am better, I have to commit to feeling better and if I have a day where I don't and feel terrible, I'll hit a downward spiral. I'll feel like it won't ever better.

Instead, I think sometimes it does get better. It allows me to have my bad days but still look forward to the good days or even the okay days because I'm not being as hard on myself for those bad days. It makes waiting for those good days, or even moments worth it. It makes life worth it because some moments are just so precious. It doesn't make me feel guilty for having a bad day after I have a good day.

I hope this all makes sense and I hope you know that it's completely okay to not feel okay sometimes! If you're feeling bad right now, that's okay!

<3

Awa thank you for sharing your story, you honestly amazing! Well done for coming so far, you've got this! And, thank youu!<3
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Leila wrote: »

<3

Awa thank you for sharing your story, you honestly amazing! Well done for coming so far, you've got this! And, thank youu!<3

You will get there! Just hang on yeah? ^__^
    Whats a signatureeeww
    Leila wrote: »

<3

You will get there! Just hang on yeah? ^__^

Of course! Not giving up yet, never ever!<3
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    edited May 2022
    Nhs helpline : 0800 6444 101
    saneline : 0300 304 7000
    Nightlight : 01923 256391
    Samaratins : 116 123
    shout: text 'shout' to 85258
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    edited May 2022
    theres the 'finch' app like a virtual freind, its very gd 4 self therapy n motivation. n there 'fishdom' bit of fun
    Crazy mad insane
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    theres the 'finch' app like a virtual freind, its very gd 4 self therapy n motivation. n there 'fishdom' bit of fun

Thank you!!! Ellie
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Nhs helpline : 0800 6444 101
    saneline : 0300 304 7000
    Nightlight : 01923 256391
    Samaratins : 116 123
    shout: text 'shout' to 85258

This is helpful, thank you!
    I'm okay, I have them ringing me back tomorrow! So, I'm thankful! Thanks the mix and shout!
    They are calling me at 11, I'm almost forgot lol 😆 but pleased I got support!
    They said they'll get my local mental health team to check up on me, sounds good.!
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @Leila. It sounds like you have been finding things really tough.

Sending you hugs. How are you today? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hello @Leila. It sounds like you have been finding things really tough.

Sending you hugs. How are you today? :)

I feel awful 😖
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds really difficult that you feel awful @Leila. Would you like to share more with us? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It sounds really difficult that you feel awful @Leila. Would you like to share more with us? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us :)

Hey Laura,

I feel awful because my ex partner, who I broke up with because he wasn't a kind person, was emotionally abusing me, he hit me once and he now is sending me death threats, so I just feel on edge 24/7, I couldn't sleep last night because of it.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    That sounds really scary @Leila

Have you been able to talk to anyone about these threats he's been making towards you? Nobody deserves to be treated like that. It sounds like this is a very difficult situation to manage at the moment.
    Brookee wrote: »
    That sounds really scary @Leila

Have you been able to talk to anyone about these threats he's been making towards you? Nobody deserves to be treated like that. It sounds like this is a very difficult situation to manage at the moment.

I'm in touch with the police about this thanks x