Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Did he cheat....

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
So, I met my ex boyfriend at a social club, and we hit it off straight away, we was together but then he ghosted me, he said he's unwell but I knew he wasn't so was confused with what he was saying to me.

All my friends are guys and I went one night and got told he slept with one of his ex girlfriends but was unsure of what to think. I had a cry and my best friend Callum had a hug and we talked about everything and then Ellis came across and was very sure that he did not cheat but I was told by so many people he slept with her.

I then went and after he ghosted me he wanted to go on a date which we did, we went to McDonald's which wS our first date, it was nice we did some tiktoks and it was lovely, I didn't want to bring up about him cheating because my dog has just passed away so I was very upset with the whole situation.

I went back to social club and all that was going around was that he cheated on me, I just walked off and cried becuse it all that's going on. I eventually left and he has ghosted me ever since and I honestly don't know what to do so I'm just upset inside.

I just wanted to get it out here because it's been blocked up inside.

Sorry for ranting,

Leila

Comments

• daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Sunbathequeen

You do not need to apologise for ranting, that's what The Mix is for. It's good to get your feelings out and write them down, sometimes it can help process them. It seems you have gone through a lot. In this situation, I think the best option would be to confront your ex boyfriend and ask him to be open and honest with you about whether he cheated or not. I know this may not be possible to do, however, it seems not knowing whether he did or didn't cheat will be playing on your mind until you find out the truth. If he does not want to speak to you about the situation, it may be worth asking the person he supposedly cheated on you with and see what they have to say. I understand this is a very upsetting situation and could make you feel angry when approaching it, therefore, I would only look to have a conversation with one of them about it when you can address it in a non-angry way, otherwise you may not get the answers you are looking for.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry you are going through this at the moment <3
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hi @Sunbathequeen

You do not need to apologise for ranting, that's what The Mix is for. It's good to get your feelings out and write them down, sometimes it can help process them. It seems you have gone through a lot. In this situation, I think the best option would be to confront your ex boyfriend and ask him to be open and honest with you about whether he cheated or not. I know this may not be possible to do, however, it seems not knowing whether he did or didn't cheat will be playing on your mind until you find out the truth. If he does not want to speak to you about the situation, it may be worth asking the person he supposedly cheated on you with and see what they have to say. I understand this is a very upsetting situation and could make you feel angry when approaching it, therefore, I would only look to have a conversation with one of them about it when you can address it in a non-angry way, otherwise you may not get the answers you are looking for.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry you are going through this at the moment <3

Hi,

Thank you I will do this, thank you!

Leila
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Thank you so much for posting about this and letting us know about how awful and painful this situation has been for you. <3 It's no wonder that you're left feeling so hurt and devastated, someone who is meant to care for you should never be the cause of such pain. I'm sure the uncertainty about the entire situation makes you even more confused and bewildered because you're left thinking 'who do I believe? what information can i trust?' and I know answering those questions are even harder when people are gossiping about it all around you. I'm sure walking into the social club was really isolating for you in that moment, and I am wondering if there are any friends there who are totally there for you throughout this? :)

Couldn't agree more with @daisyella12 , trying to open up a convo is usually a good route because either way you can gain some closure on this part of life. If you wanted to keep us in the loop about how the convo goes please feel welcome to <3 Huge hugs from us all xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.