Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self care achievements!

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Hello,

Depression can have an impact on every aspect of life. Currently I'm really struggling and self care isn't easy for me. I keep being put down by people around me for being proud of what feels like huge achievements.
Ive made this thread so we can share our self care when we are struggling.. from brushing your teeth, to having a shower or changing your clothes.

Self care is super important but also a huge struggle for many, let's normalise the struggle of looking after ourselves!

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @GreenTea,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am glad you can recognise your own achievements, even in difficult times. Would you like to share your achievements with us? We are a rather supportive and friendly group. Regardless, I want to say well done for your achievements. If they are big to you then they are big and worth celebrating. Also, what a supportive thread this could be :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Managed a walk today in nature
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I don’t know if it counts as self care but it definitely counts as something -but reminding myself everyone is on their own journey and that age isn’ta sign of where we should be in life 💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey @GreenTea
    I know people sometimes can put you down, even for things that make us happy! My most extensive advice is to try to don't take any bad energy from people. If they don't understand your achievement, it doesn't mean that your effort to achieve something its been useless—good job for having a peaceful walk in nature. I think being surrounded by green plants and trees is relaxing and soothing for the mind.

As @Laura_tigger82 says, we're always here if you want to share your future accomplishments because I know for sure you will have plenty to note down to us.

A big hug,
    Cosmo.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Cosmo wrote: »
    Hey @GreenTea
    I know people sometimes can put you down, even for things that make us happy! My most extensive advice is to try to don't take any bad energy from people. If they don't understand your achievement, it doesn't mean that your effort to achieve something its been useless—good job for having a peaceful walk in nature. I think being surrounded by green plants and trees is relaxing and soothing for the mind.

As @Laura_tigger82 says, we're always here if you want to share your future accomplishments because I know for sure you will have plenty to note down to us.

A big hug,
    Cosmo.

Thank you 💜 needed this today. Really appreciate it 💜
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    @GreenTea
    I'm glad that my comment is helping you.
    Remember that this community will always be here for you!

<3

Yes @Shaunie, kind words for ourselves are really helpful too! Positive self-talk is super important <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Thank you for this post @GreenTea !!! I agree self care is important - a self care achievement of mine is cutting off TOXIC people. not everyone needs access to me tbh and not everyone will be getting access to me. BOUNDARIES ON BOUNDARIES
    Yess @gia9720 =)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Got my nails done! 💅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley