Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self and ideal self

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
Self: disgusting, unsuccessful, hurting, stupid, messy, clumsy, careless, useless, depressed, anxious, lonely
Ideal self: charming, successful, healing, smart, organised, graceful, careful, useful, happy, relaxed, popular
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20,

It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed and hopeless right now. Do you feel able to express more about what's happened today to make you feel this way? Also, I just wanted to remind you that you're going through a lot right now, and dealing with a great deal of pain. You're doing the best you can within your circumstances, please be gentle with yourself, getting through each day when you're dealing with so much, is a really great achievement <3
  • Options
    @Brookee Nothing really. Just a reflection on how I view this world. It is good to notice my thinking patterns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Kate_20 It's really important and helpful to be aware of how you think, but I also wanted to remind you that you're important, and we care about you, you're not alone in this. Can I ask you why you see yourself so negatively?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I just want to reiterate what @Brookee has said. If it helps, we think you are all of the things you want to be except happy and relaxed! And the only thing that would boost that is if you took care of yourself and your wellbeing more often. We care about you and in time you will be happy and relaxed like you want to be :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    annasannas Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Hi

like @Kate_20 i have struggled with my self esteem for years the list Kate wrote of the self v the ideal. I think because of this
    that I have struggled with drink, drugs and unsafe sex, also the way I am treated by my dad doesn’t help.
  • Options
    @annas
    Sorry to hear that you are struggling and it is very brave for you to reach out. Sending hugs <3 Would you mind going into details about the aspects you are struggling with? Don't worry if you don't want to.