Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Songs of hope

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys just a quick one

I've been feeling really not good recently like really really down in the dumps so I just wanted to reach out again and ask, Do you guys know any songs that make you feel hopeful? If so could you possibly send it to me because maybe it might make me feel better

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 sorry to hear you've been feeling that way here are some songs I like to listen to when feeling down:

Glorious- Macklemore
    Rise up- Andra day
    Keep your head up- Andy Grammar
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I'm so sorry to read that you're struggling right now, and please always know we're here for you should you ever need anything!

I really love You Get What You Give by the New Radicals, that always makes me feel slightly more happier.
    A-O-K by Tai Verdes
    If I come across anymore, I will definitely make sure to post in this thread, I think this is a really wonderful thread you've created!
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for reaching out. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you like to talk about why you are feeling down?

Thanks also for creating such a great thread. Just like @Dandelion, the first song which came to mind for hope was Rise Up - Andra day. The other songs I listen to for hope are:

- Rihanna - Umbrella
    - Foxes - Let Go for Tonight
    - Kelly Clarkson - Anytime
    - Elton John - I'm Still Standing
    - Kelly Clarkson - The Sun Will Rise
    - McClain Sisters - Rise
    - Nickelback - What Are You Waiting For?
    - Sia - Helium
    - You're Gonna Be Okay - Brian & Jenn Johnson | After All These Years
    - Nichole Nordeman - Sound Of Surviving
    - Rascal Flatts - Let it Hurt
    - Glee - Lean on Me
    - Rachel Platten - Stand By You
    - If no one will listen (not sure who it is by so I have inserted a link at the bottom of this post)

I hope these songs help but if you need anything, we are here for you! Please just reach out <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dNDCu3eK_8&amp;list=PLuj3bQXP7qH0l6ZX_x7jiolnpzIEGFZJX&amp;index=7
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope you feel better. Some recommendations include: This Feeling by the Alabama Shakes, You really got me going by the Kinks, Dog days are over by Florence and the Machines and just for a 2010's throwback, Boom Clap by Charli XCX
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi guys thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to listen to them but thank you all for caring
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Take That- Shine
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks @maryam852, @awesomeminecraft6789, @Dancer and @Zay for continuing to recommend songs. They are all great! How are you feeling today @awesomeminecraft6789? Please remember we are here for you if you want to talk or need anything :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm feeling a bit better thanks for asking @Laura_tigger82!

I'm still struggling a bit but it should go down soon hopefully
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I saw a brand advertising this playlist today. They curated it specifically to help people feel better/happier on this blue monday :blush:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3fMYtzESUyO3HUC7ywLXiH?si=6dbaf820b0d94021

If you'd like to talk about anything at all, we are right here. Sending love :heart:
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789,

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear you are still struggling a bit. Would you like to talk about anything? As they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. I hope you feel better soon. The fact you are already starting to feel a bit better is a great sign and I am really glad to hear! <3
    It's just you know letting go of things that happened In the past which I'm trying to do so I can make life a bit easier for the people I care about, they care about me and I know their doing their best to help but I'm so sick of people saying be happy, it just makes me feel like they don't care because they keep saying the same thing and the problem is, I'm caught up in the past that half the time I'm like really really down, I just want to feel like somebody actually gives a damn about me idc about the relationship gig anymore well I do but I just want to feel like people care
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I've just listened to You're welcome by Dwayne Johnson and It's made me feel a lot happier, so maybe that'd be helpful as well.

It's understandable that you're feeling low at the moment, you've been dealing with a lot of pain. I think it's almost redundant for others to just tell you to 'be happy' or to 'cheer up'. It's not that easy, and your feelings are valid, even when they don't fit others viewpoints. Feel what you need to feel, because your feelings are important. We all care about you, and we're always here for you whenever you need. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to talk about things or let your emotions out. It may also be helpful for you to contact places like SHOUT (85258) or The Samaritans (116 123), sometimes talking to a stranger can be really cathartic in letting our emotions out. I just want you to know that we all do care about you and your feelings, and you are allowed to feel what you feel without needing to change it to match others opinions on how you should feel. This is your own personal journey, and people take different times to heal and cope with traumatic situations, and just because you can't switch to being happy on command, it doesn't make your struggles or your difficulties any less worthy or important. I wonder if you've thought about reaching out to The Mix's counselling? It may be really helpful to help you come to terms with things in the past that are upsetting or distressing for you.

Sending you lots of love <3
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It must suck to feel so drained and to have people not understand that sometimes being so exhausted means you simply cannot be happy and that really does make sense! I love the fact that despite this, you're still working so hard to keep going and find some joy through music <3

I personally love Freak the Freak Out by the Victorious cast, it's not even the lyrics, just the way the song builds is super awesome and induces a feeling of fun <3
    I already said it but thank you all for your help, your comments really are making my day and making me smile so thank you I could not be more grateful it's been so hard to keep positive but you guys give me hope thank you all ❤️
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    @awesomeminecraft6789 - Hey! Thanks for your response. I completely hear you. Unfortunately, we all wish we could be happy and everyone around us could be happy, but happiness is not like an on and off switch. Sometimes we struggle and that is okay too. Just please know we are here for you if you want to talk to us about anything! Keep up with feeling hopeful <3

@LorryTruck - Thanks for sharing this song with us. Such a great song. And really meaningful too! How are you today? :3
    Not good but I'll survive I'm just so damn tired
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

I am really sorry to hear you are not good. Are you sleeping? I hope you are getting the rest you need and deserve. We are here for you if you need anything! <3
    I am sleeping it's just I was up late last night finishing school work, I've also noticed I'm losing my appetite I think there's something seriously wrong with me, I'm not dealing with bad thoughts I'm just lost and I think what makes it worse is, people in my class are in relationships and I envy them because I want that I've kind of got it but it's a long distance relationship and the problem with that is everyone is like you can't always trust people like that and I'm not stupid I know the risks and all that but I don't know you know? It's just hard seeing people in relationships and then being reminded of why I'm like this in the first place it's literally tearing me apart
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for your response. Well done for finishing your school work but please prioritise your sleep and wellbeing! Is it causing you to feel stressed? I know stress can cause people to lose their appetite and I don't know if that could be what's happening to you.

It must be really tough for you to be in a long-distance relationship and not have anyone who will talk to you about it positively. We all just care about you and want to make sure you are safe! Though, it sounds like you are sensible and are aware of the risks.

Do you want to talk about why you think you are like this? We are here for you! <3
    Hi @Laura_tigger82, sorry for the lat reply,

The thing is, I don't think it's cause I'm stressed because before I did the school work my schedule was ok but I've just lost my appetite in general and I'm usually a massive foodie buy my appetite is getting smaller, not by a lot but a little bit

And yeah it is hard to be in a long distance relationship because the people in class are with people in my class apart from one, but it just makes feel bad I mean she's not that far she lives in London but it's hard not being able to see her
    edited January 2022
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for your response. Oh no, it is unusual that you have lost your appetite then. How are you feeling health wise? I understand how difficult it must be for you to not be able to see your partner when your peers can see their partners. However, hopefully, you will see her soon! In the meantime, could you focus on making plans together or making virtual memories? We are always here for you :3
    Yes I'm hoping so but she hasn't talked to me since the end of last year she's probably just busy but I do keep leaving messages for her just so I don't make similar mistakes like what makes me feel this way but i have been thinking about doing something with her virtually Im thinking more virtually because I trust her But it's better to be careful funny thing is I actually met her on here and we kind of hit off immediately so I do trust she is who she says she is cause I met her through her sister but Im just trying to be careful
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for your response. I am really sorry to hear you have not heard anything from her since the end of last year. Hopefully, she is just busy and time and space should hopefully help. Do indeed be careful though and keep looking after yourself! <3
  • Neha12Neha12 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Glorious- Macklemore
    Rise up- Andra day