Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi everyone!!

fmnclfmncl Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
HI! I just joined this amazing community and really looking forward to help others and share some experiences we might have in common. I'm a Psychology and Criminology student and my interests include reading, watching tv series, cooking and going on long walks. Hope everyone is having a fantastic evening and a great start of the year!!

Comments

• Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Lovely to have you here! I'm currently studying English lit and theatre studies! I am a big reader - what's your favourite book?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @fmncl it's great to have you here <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @fmncl

Happy new year to you and welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us.

I think we are a supportive and friendly community and I hope you will find the same.

It sounds like your willingness to help others will go a long way in our community! People helping people is one of the many things that make our community so wonderful.

Please remember that we are also here for you though. On that note, how are you currently finding your Psychology and Criminology course? I am intrigued as I'm also a student!

Also, just to get to know more about you and your interests and hobbies, I have a few questions for you if you would like to answer them. They are:

- Do you have anything, in particular, you like to read? - particular genres or authors?

- The same with watching television! Is there a series, in particular, that you like to watch?

- Or any food dishes, in particular, you like to cook?

I am looking forward to hearing more about you and your interests and hobbies :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @fmncl its nice to meet you. What kind of tv shows do you like watching, I watch so many lol I love marvel, or medical dramas.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Ooh, what type of medical dramas do you enjoy watching @Dandelion? :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Ooh, what type of medical dramas do you enjoy watching @Dandelion? :3

Most of them lol if you can think of one I probably watch it 😂 my favourite one is new Amsterdam though
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hey @fmncl nice to meet you!

It seems like we have similar interests :)
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @fmncl

It's such a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the community, it's amazing to have you here! I hope you're enjoying your degree! Thank you so much for letting us get to know you, and can't wait to see you around here!

Sending you lots of love <3
    Oh, I haven't heard of New Amsterdam @Dandelion. I think I will need to add it to my watch list! :3
  • fmnclfmncl Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    @Anch0r33 I recently discovered Wolf Dorn and fell immediately in love with the writing style, The Psychiatrist is my favourite book by far
    Aww, that's amazing @fmncl! I am glad you have found an author and a book in particular that you enjoy reading the works of :3
    @Laura_tigger82 thanks for the warm welcome :) I really like Wolf Dorn as an author, I think the writing style allows you to fully enjoy the book even if they are about sensitive topics. it might sound cliché but my favourite tv series, and one of the reasons I decided to study psychology and criminology, is Criminal Minds (I think I've watched the whole series 5 or 6 times, it's my comfort show). I really enjoy cooking desserts, cookies and cakes being my favourite things to bake
    Hi @Dandelion :) I love criminal minds and any investigative tv show such as CSI and SWAT, I also loved New Amsterdam and I'm currently watching the good doctor
    Aww thanks for sharing some more information with us @fmncl! It is wonderful to get to know you more. Desserts are one of my favourites too! I definitely have a sweet tooth :3
    fmncl wrote: »
    Hi @Dandelion :) I love criminal minds and any investigative tv show such as CSI and SWAT, I also loved New Amsterdam and I'm currently watching the good doctor

I loved criminal minds and the good doctor too! I've never actually seen SWAT, but I've heard it's meant to be really good, perhaps I'll give it a try.
    Ooh, so many good recommendations! Thanks for sharing them with us @Dandelion :3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
  • gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Happy new year @fmncl its only 12 days in so I guess I can still say that looool? Firstly welcome to the community :) you’re gonna love it - everyone is extremely supportive and helpful and I’m a recent psychology grad so feel free to drop me a message if I can help you. Hope your enjoying your course :)
    @gia9720 thank you so much, appreciate the thought! :)
    @Dandelion I started watching SWAT as there was the same actor as in Criminal Minds but it's really good, I've basically finished all seasons on Netflix in a few days as you can also keep it as background noise :)
    Hey @fmncl! I am really glad to hear you have been enjoying watching SWAT. It is just a shame to hear there are no more episodes for you to watch yet. Is there any sign of there being another season? :)
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @fmncl Glad to have you here ❤️
    @Laura_tigger82 unfortunately I have no idea :'( Hopefully they will make other seasons :)
    I hope so too @fmncl. I think that would be really great! I can see just how much you and others are enjoying it. Hopefully, there will be more episodes to enjoy :3
  • Neha12Neha12 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this great community. I Hope, I can share my experience with you all.

Looking forward to a great journey.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the community @Neha12

It's a pleasure to meet you, looking forward to seeing you around here, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need support! <3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @Neha12! Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us. I am sure you can share your experience with us all <3