Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

frustrated

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
i got turned down from wellbeing team, they sed i had max weeks last yr. wat now?????????????
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

I am sorry to hear you were turned down by the wellbeing team. This must be really tough for you especially when you are still needing, deserving, and seeking support.

How do you usually manage in times of difficulty?

Have you tried contacting Samaritans or self-care?

Mind has some useful tips and support recommendations depending on the specific mental health difficulties you are experiencing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i just play games which i completed them all
    could u look at the mind website nd dm me plz. im having trouble with. flashbacks, how to ground myself, self harm and occasionally being suicidal. which i wish i done after the Sexual Assualt coz things went bad n still are but i keep it to myself
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 I'm really sorry about what's happening to you. Which well-being team were you in contact with? I wonder if you've reached out to SHOUT, or the Samaritans, considering you've mentioned you feel suicidal from time to time. Also, maybe we can go through some thing that make you happy or keep you occupied, and other strategies together to help make this time a little easier, or at least, help distract you from these thoughts when they become overwhelming or upsetting?
  • Options
    as one, hpft
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 This is a great start! What else helps you, when you're feeling overwhelmed or distressed? Do you have anyone you can turn to that you trust, or who makes you feel safe?
  • Options
    cats make my day, horror games and nightwish but tht concert been put to next november
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 Do you have cats yourself? Pets are such a wonderful distraction, they provide so much love and comfort! Do you feel able to express more about how you feel when the suicidal feelings and self-harm feelings appear?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hi @ellie2000

There are lots of games. If you go on the app store, there should be something like the 'other games you may enjoy' section.

I know you mentioned fishdom earlier, other similar games according to the app store include Wildscapes, Save The Fish! Rescue Puzzle and Gardenscapes.

Two potentially useful Mind links are https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/about-suicidal-feelings/ and https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/about-self-harm/

In terms of grounding, two strategies I am aware of that you might find beneficial include:
    • Tracing around your hand
    • Identifying what you can smell, see, taste, touch and hear

Also, @Brookee has provided some potentially useful support services!

Keep going, we are here for you <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    the feelings feel first like little pitta pat of raindrops on the head. usually i just go to bed wen it hpns, i fought it today n decided full blown roar, n i sed to ppl 'plz find me support ffs wat do i have to do?'
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    2010-2013 i had no control. n i still get those feelings :(
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hey @ellie2000

You are doing all the right things in reaching out for support.

It takes courage to reach out for support.

In addition to the information and links I have already provided, you might find the NHS website a useful resource for finding support for dealing with sexual assault. If you are interested, you can find it at https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/help-after-rape-and-sexual-assault/.

Please be kind to yourself and patient with yourself. It is understandable that you are still struggling. It is a really tough situation.

If there's anything else that we can do to support you, please just let us know.

We are here for you and we care about you <3