Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what do you do if the police and social workers don't believe you?

2»

Comments

• charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    thank you so much @Brookee
    @Brookee I'm going trough the process now to get and advocate, as the charity has e-mailed me which is great so things are begining to move forward. Hooray!
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @charlieboyz so glad to hear you're getting an advocate! What organisation did you end up contacting?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @charlieboyz I'm so very pleased to read that things are moving forward for you!! How are you feeling?
    @Brookee and @Anch0r33 Guess what? My social worker is actually listening to me after I reported something to her and is now trying to get me a support worker for the christmas so I can get out of the house for three hours, three days a week! AND shes talking to her boss about putting me into care!
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @charlieboyz This is fantastic news! I'm so incredibly happy for you!! This is insane!, I'm so proud of you for persevering and making them listen to you, this is incredible, I'm overjoyed for you!
    @Brookee Thank you so much. Let's just hope her boss listens to her now
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @charlieboyz I'm really glad to hear this! How are you feeling about it all?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I'm kind of excited, I guess. But my social worker has now said she doesn't know how long it will take. so....
    Hey @Anch0r33 how has your day been?
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @charlieboyz

I am glad to hear your social worker is now involved even if they don't know how long it will take. We will be here for you in the meantime. We always have an ear to listen and virtual arms for virtual hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 thank you for your support. I had an argument shall we say with my adoptive parents today so reading this has cheered me up
    Hi @charlieboyz

You are welcome. We will always support you. I am really glad to hear you found my response supportive and that it cheered you up.

Would you like to talk about how the argument has made you feel and how you could manage that difficult experience? Or is it something you would rather not talk about?

Please know we care <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 Ever since I spoke to the school about the sexual abuse, they've made us both ask when we want to go into a different room and they say it's to make me feel safer. But the thing is, I've started to feel like a prisoner, like I can't breathe cause now they know everything I'm doing and I hate that. I knew my brother was upstairs, and so did my adoptive parents so I quickly hurried intothe dining room to get something for my school work and when she told me off I explained how I felt and went into the conservatory again but when the door closes, it always slams and they used that to say that i was horrible and they should be filming it to show the social worker. And then they said we should go to A and E to talk to a mental health doctor but that never helps so I hate it. And I askd for them to give me space and I kept asking nicely until I had had enough and my anger got the better of me and I started swearing. I didn't mean to they just piss me off so much. And they said I was abusive but they've sworn at me before, so...
    Hi @charlieboyz

Thank you for your update and I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing such a tough time.

Firstly, a huge well done to you for reporting the sexual abuse. That is such a huge achievement, well done. Sending you huge virtual hugs. It is so important that it is reported, recorded and hopefully, you are supported too.

Have you managed to talk to them about how you feel and your preferences? It might help them to see your perspective too. I would make sure you are recording all of these details so that you can keep the police and social services up to date.

Also, other services that you might find useful include Childline/NSPCC and Samaritans, have you tried them yet? If you have, please don't worry, I'll try to come up with a list of other potentially useful services and it'll be a "my bad, I'm sorry" moment <3

Childline/NSPCC:

Call 0800 1111
    Chat to them online (https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/contacting-childline/)

Samaritans (24/7):

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org
    I don't use the samiratans mainly cause they check me emails. @Laura_tigger82 but i do use the others
    So phone numbers, online chats, and text messages are particularly important to you?

In that case:

- Childline's online chat - (https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/contacting-childline/)
    - Shout - Text 85258

And of course, there's us who will always happily listen to you. There's also The Mix's helpline between 3 pm and 12 am which you can access by calling 0808 808 4994 or webchat (https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team)

I hope this helps but as I said I am also more than happy to listen to you <3
    Not phone numbers @Laura_tigger82 not allowed to use phone in house, sry but I'll keep using childline thanks
    Ah, sorry @charlieboyz.

I am glad you have some support in us and Childline though! Is there anything else you would like to discuss today other than sassy elegant which made me chuckle? :3
    No thanks @Laura_tigger82 btw check out my donald trump ones!
    I did @charlieboyz! It was a very tries not to laugh but laughs anyway moment =)