Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Family

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Home, Law & Money
zyng93z7n3ov.jpg

Image description - image has the words "bio", "adoptive", "foster" and "step" all scored out. Below it says "it's not the word before parent that defines, but rather the love and dedication in the parents heart" end of description.

I think this is so true and I want anyone that needs to see this to see this <3
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I simply love this picture (and thank you for putting the image description too!). It really does demonstrate the importance of knowing that family does not necessarily equal 'blood relatives'. Plus it shows that different people can make up a family regardless of their literal relation to you, it could be that an auntie is super supportive and provides you with the love you deserve. Thank you for sharing this @Anch0r33 , beyond insightful as always <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I agree with @AislingDM and think this is such a heart-warming message, as too often children are made to feel like parents can only be biological. Thank you for sharing @Anch0r33
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Completely true @maryam852 !! And sadly the perceived importance of 'blood being thicker than water' can lead to people feeling unable to recognise their true emotions about a situation, because they are guilted into forgiving their family. Everyone deserves to be loved sincerely, no matter who it is by <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.