Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Team Take Down, taking down climate change

downtherabbitholedowntherabbithole Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
edited August 2021 in Politics & Debate
I'm the organiser of Team Take down.

I believe we have more power than we realise. I believe that although we can't always necessarily make someone do something, we can put them in a position where they feel they want to do whatever it is. I'm sure that if we all get together, we can take down climate change.

People need a reason to do stop relying on fossil fuels, other than climate change. They rely on it to live their lifestyle. They need another lifestyle that they feel comfortable converting to, that doesn't involve fossil fuels.

Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can hear how passionate you are about climate change and preventing its negative impact. It's wonderful to see how important this is to you and how keen you are to encourage others to stop harmful behaviours. You're defo right that we can encourage people to be better to know the consequences of their actions.

I'm curious what are your key ideas for preventing/minimising climate change? =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    downtherabbitholedowntherabbithole Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    Well, one idea is to not use money anymore, but trade instead
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Yeah I do love the sound of that! How do you think that would benefit the planet? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.