Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Olympics discussion thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Ed_ if you don't know about her accident Google it. She could of died, she had a fractured skull, broken arm, internal lung, heart and stomach injuries
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Woah!! To have the courage to go back to skateboarding after doing that. Yikes! Makes it even more special to win a bronze today!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Yeh that's why I was interested in how she would do in the event. She did good!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Okay well this is wholesome AF and has melted my heart … the white thing that Tom Daley was spotted knitting is a Olympic cardigan 🥺

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdwL9y8X/
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    @Millie2787 I knowww Tom is so adorable 🥺
    Side note it's actually so hard to knit 😂Got a knitting kit for Christmas and oh my! I don't know how people do it so quickly 😂It's so skilled!
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    GreenTea wrote: »
    @Ed_ if you don't know about her accident Google it. She could of died, she had a fractured skull, broken arm, internal lung, heart and stomach injuries

I ended up watching a few of her vlogs the other day after she won and saw the video she did about her accident. She had such an inspiring message about getting back up after you fall down. I'm really happy for her that she won a bronze medal, such an inspiring story :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    meila wrote: »
    @Millie2787 I knowww Tom is so adorable 🥺
    Side note it's actually so hard to knit 😂Got a knitting kit for Christmas and oh my! I don't know how people do it so quickly 😂It's so skilled!

@Millie2787 @meila It looks so good! I found his Instagram page for his knitting and he's really talented. He sells them to raise money for a brain cancer charity which is so sweet. :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @Aife SHARE THE INSTA ! 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 here it is! It's called Made with love by Tom Daley! There's some cute photos of doggy jumpers - https://www.instagram.com/madewithlovebytomdaley
  • Options
    So many young athletes this year!