Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A little reintroduction

LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
Some of you may remember me, but it's been more than two years since I was last active, so I think it might be for the best that I reintroduce myself.

I'm Emma, but I go by the screen name LabraBell. Either is fine with me!

I'm twenty now. From what I can tell from my old bio, I was seventeen when I left here. So, yeah. Maybe three years rather than two.

I was, at the time, a public services student. I planned on becoming a police officer then later a paramedic. As it happens, neither career would be the one I settled on, because I decided to go into digital art. It's only really a hobby at the moment, and I'll soon be looking for my first job to fill the gap while I get good enough at art that I can turn it into a career.

So, art is one hobby. Besides that I mostly just play games nowadays, I'm working on a more healthy lifestyle, but you know. Change takes time. I'm hoping to incorporate visits to the gym and bike rides into that lifestyle soon though.

I used to write fanfiction and poetry. The poetry died out as I mostly used it as a vent for my mental health. The fanfiction... well, I'm still calling myself a writer in that sense, I just have to get off my ass and actually get some more writing done! :sweat_smile:

I'm hoping to be around these forums on a regular basis again. I left at the time for a few reasons, but I have to admit that I did regret it a bit. Now that I'm more emotionally stable (most of the time) I'm hoping that I can play a more supportive role in the community that kept me fighting when it felt like I had nothing left to give <3
What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Well welcome back @LabraBell

Glad to hear you're doing better than when you left and I hope you have a good time here again. :) Good luck with your digital art and have fun with all your many hobbies!
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Welcome back @LabraBell
    It’s good to have you here! <3

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

It's good to see you doing so well! :3

Fanfiction, huh?
    May know a thing or two about some stuff.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Welcome back @LabraBell I remember you, but I don’t know if you’ll remember me. I used to go by EleanorTheChocolateElf in chat if that helps. My name is actually Elle, and that’s what most people know me as now.

It’s lovely to have you back!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome back :) x
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Lovely for you to be back @LabraBell ! and I abso love the sound of the fanfiction would love to hear more about any of your writing <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited July 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Good to have you back, Emma :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    It's lovely to see you @LabraBelll. Welcome back! Looking forward to see you around the community :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤