Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey everyone! :)

MattJWMattJW Posts: 3 Newbie
Hi everyone! My name is Matt, and I'm a 22-year-old studying English with Creative Writing at uni (about to go into third year, so almost finished, and getting more nervous about entering the real world by the minute!). I'm into hiking, fencing (the sport), gaming and of course writing, having written one embarrassingly bad novel as a teenager.

I joined these boards primarily as a way to talk to people during the pandemic, but also to lend support and a listening ear to anyone who may need it, whatever the reason. I have a pretty storied history of mental health struggles, so I certainly understand how difficult it can be and especially how lonely it can make you feel. But, I've fought through my own health condition towards a life of fulfilment, and I hope I can be of some help to others as you try to find your own happiness!

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
~Matt
Vincit qui se vincit.

Comments

• Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @MattJW

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It’s good to have you here! :3

It's really cool that you're studying English with Creative Writing! How's that been going??
    Ooh! You need to tell us more about this novel now! No turning back! :joy:

Fencing?? So many questions! :joy: What got you interested in fencing?? Have you done fencing yourself??

Got so many questions for you :joy: but I'll end it with this:

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

Remember that we're here for you too if you want to talk about anything! :3<3
  • Options
    ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Heyo Matt!

Welcome to the Mix, hope to see you around :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome @MattJW I hope you're well. Good luck with your 3rd year, and I hope the boards are helpful for you and vice versa. All the best. :)
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome @MattJW ❤️
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MattJWMattJW Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thanks, @lovemimoon, @ForestWitch, @Supernova, @_Tech_Addict_Girl, @Azziman! X

The course has been going pretty well, thanks. I actually transferred from another uni where the course wasn't so great, so it's been really enjoyable by comparison! No, I shall never tell about the book ;) it was just the same old teenage YA filled with angst, it's not worth it lmao

And yeah, I do fencing myself! That was how I got into it originally, through trying it at uni. I think it's one of those things that's more enjoyable to do than to watch, because the rounds are just over so quickly!
    Vincit qui se vincit.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.