Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey everyone, I'm Oli 👋

OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
edited July 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there, everyone!

My name is Oli, and I’m a 24-year-old psychology graduate. I’m interested in anything and everything to do with psychology, photography, web design, cooking, and cats!

I joined these discussion boards in the hope of being able to offer support and a friendly ear to anyone who is struggling with their mental health.

I’ve struggled with my own mental health in the past, and I’m currently caring for my Dad who has severe mental health issues. So I understand how difficult it can be, especially when you’re feeling isolated and alone. But I’m a firm believer in 'a problem shared is a problem halved', so please do reach out if there is anything troubling you or you just want a friendly chat :)

I’m really looking forward to getting to know everyone more.

— Oli

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @Oli

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It’s good to have you here! :3

I see we have another potential cat parent here so let's introduce you to the Pet Thread: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3597497/pet-thread#latest

I love photography! :3 What type(s) of photography are you interested in??

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

Hey, Oli! The Mix is here for you too! Please feel free to share your struggles with us! <3:3
  • OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    Hey @lovemimoon, thank you for the warm welcome :)

Glad to see there's another photography lover here! I'm interested in all types of photography really. But my most taken category would have to be either landscape or street photography. I was fortunate enough to study at university in Edinburgh, so I was spoilt for choice with lovely buildings and street scenes to capture! What about you, what is your favourite type of photography?

— Oli
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome Oli! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    You are so lucky @Oli How was Edinburgh in general??
    It's a tricky question to answer cos each category always have something to offer! But I would go with nature, art, fashion and street photography! :3 Can never get enough of it! :joy: Do you have a particular photographer in mind?
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Oli Hey welcome to the mix ❤️
    @lovem Edinburgh was fantastic, thank you for asking! I'd love to move back there one day.

That's so true, every category is amazing in its own unique way, isn't it! Oh cool, that's a great mix of categories. I've never really taken the time to explore fashion photography much, but it's something that I would like to do at some stage.

If I'm completely honest, I don't actually know many famous photographers (other than arguably Peter McKinnon). I tend to just follow local photographers on Instagram. How about yourself, who is your favourite photographer?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thank you, @LorryTruck :)
  • AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Oli :smile:

Welcome to the boards - it is great to have another psychology and photography lover in the community :blush: Thank you for being so honest and open with us - please remember that we're here for you too if you need us <3
    Thank you, @AbbyOwl. That is very kind of you. Likewise! :)