Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey, I'm Annie!

AnnieDPAnnieDP Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
Hey, everyone, it's great to be here!

My name is Annie and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all more. As someone who has both struggled with mental health issues and recently completed a Psychology degree, I'm very passionate about being there for those who need somebody to talk to. I'm always happy to listen and strive to always help as much as I am able to, so never hesitate to reach out.

I hope you're all having a great day :)

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @AnnieDP welcome to the boards ❤️
  • Options
    jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Annie!
    Welcome to the mix ❤️ I hope you’re having a great too! I have just finished my psychology and criminology degree, it’s great so see a fellow psychologist here 🥰
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @AnnieDP

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It’s good to have you here! :3

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest
  • Options
    ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Heya @AnnieDP
    Welcome to the mix! I'm thinking of going to uni for psychology - do you have any specific parts of it that you enjoyed?

Again happy to have you here and hope to see you around :)
  • Options
    AnnieDPAnnieDP Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ForestWitch
    My favourite modules were probably the ones based around mental health and social psychology i.e. social identity theory, how we behave in groups and why etc. I've loved studying it as I've also gained a lot of transferable skills outside of just the subject directly, from knowing how to approach situations more suitably to proficiency with spreadsheets! I'm happy to chat any time if you have any questions :)
  • Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Hey @AnnieDP :smile:

Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here <3 Also, great choice in degree! :blush:
  • Options
    stephyb21stephyb21 Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hi Annie,
    I'm new here too and have just completed my degree in psychology!! How did you find the psychology course and uni experience with covid? I personally loved the content of my course!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    Hey, @AnnieDP! Great to see another member of the boards that has graduated in psychology. I'm sorry to hear that you've struggled with mental health issues before. I hope you are doing better now. Always up for a chat about psychology (or anything else for that matter) if you'd like to talk sometime :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.