Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who do you think will win the football tonight- England vs Scotland

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
I'm not watching and it isn't even really my thing but I know that other people are interested. Tonight it is England vs Scotland. I want to see who you think will win.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Who do you think will win the football tonight- England vs Scotland 6 votes

England
83%
AzzimanDancerGreenTeaPast UserPast User 5 votes
Scotland
16%
independent_ 1 vote

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Scotland
    Scotland bloody better win
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited June 2021
    England
    They are spending more time crying than playing the game!

*They- all players
    Scotland
    Come on Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    England
    0- 0
    Both teams can pull it back at their next games
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Happy with that result :joy:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Scotland
    Yeah that result wasn't tooo bad
    edited June 2021
    @independent_ all the England fans are going on about how boring the game was lol. Was very entertaining and solid game. Plenty of chances both ways and lots of good solid plays. Just because a game is scoreless doesn't make it boring.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    England
    Does that mean they will both play again?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    England
    Dancer wrote: »

England play on Tuesday
    Scotland
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    @independent_ all the England fans are going on about how boring the game was lol. Was very entertaining and solid game. Plenty of chances both ways and lots of good solid plays. Just because a game is scoreless doesn't make it boring.

Definitely, was a really good watch @Anch0r33
    England
    England has 4 overall points. Scotland has 1
    Scotland
    Dancer wrote: »

Think so @Dancer
    Scotland
    Scotland need to win on Tuesday to stay in
    GreenTea wrote: »
    England has 4 overall points. Scotland has 1

And your point is? England couldn't even beat Scotland who have a much lesser population lmao.

If you (a collective you meaning England fans) expect England to win euros then you'd better be beating Scotland comfortably.

Quite sad result for England tbh, Scotland outclassed them tonight simple as.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    England
    Scotland Vs Croatia
    England Vs Czech Republic
    We'll see what happens. Scotland lost to CR due to two mistakes. Not sure if you actually watched their game but they played pretty well minus the mistakes that cost them.

Taking England to a draw tonight and unlucky not to win.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland could pull off a Croatia win.

And even if they lose, they've played with pride and not left anything off the pitch. Can't fault their efforts. Proud of them win or lose.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Scotland
    A draw is better than a loss. They did pretty well. England aren’t well known for doing well in big games like this (think world cup). Even my neighbour (the biggest England fan out there) thought Scotland played very well.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The worst game of football I have ever seen. Team played like the manager - boring, negative and clueless. Luke Shaw 5 stone overweight, Yorkshire Pirlo played like the Yorkshire Ripper, Harry Kane 10 yards off the pace would be lucky to get a transfer to QPR and Boiled Rice was just pathetic. Loads of options on the bench though like an injured Henderson who is Championship level even when fully fit and an injured and talentless Harry Maguire. An absolute shambles. Fuming.
    Weekender Offender 
    England
    And that is why I don't like football. I don't like playing it (I am absolutely awful at football anyway even when I do try!) I don't like watching it. I don't support any teams. I only know about all this stuff due to people at school talking about it!
    England
    Yesterday at school it was quite crazy. I was in my Photography lesson after coming back to class after my extra time that I had (I had a Photography exam on Thursday but I had my extra time the next day during most of my Photography lesson but I went back to class afterwards.) It was year 7 break time (we have staggered break times due to covid and not being able to mix year group bubbles) and the whole of year 7 decided to sing/scream the lyrics to 3 Lions (Football's Coming Home.) It was really annoying. Not because of the song but because they were all out of tune so it didn't exactly sound amazing. I couldn't focus on my work during the remainder of the lesson.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    England
    Watched the game yesterday, disappointed to not get the win. England just looked really slow - only Foden (and Grealish when he came on!) was making runs, most of the time everyone was just standing around. Definitely something to work on when we face the Czechs. Got a point so could be worse, but definitely need to create and take more chances, especially with Kane not looking sharp so far.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It really annoys me that people can't praise or accept that Scotland played well! It's always about England playing poor or slowly.

The commentators were so pro English it was unbelievable.

I've not seen on England fan saying that it was an exciting game that kept them on the edge of their seat. England had many chances - Scotland either defended well or saved it. Same as Scotland had many chances and England defended well.

It's not hard to give out some praises lol
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Scotland did play well. Always going to be a difficult match given the history and rivalry. Fact remains England should be beating them rather easily and they didn’t. England were generally poor.

As for pro English commentators. Does that include Ally Mccoist?
    Weekender Offender 
    z53mw8rt2130.jpeg
    Weekender Offender 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2021
    Ngl football doesn’t Interest me one bit , 🤣 kinda glad I was at work last night so I didn’t have to watch it but clearly for it to be 0-0 they both put up a good fight 🤷🏼‍♀️ Fairs to them all for playing in the pouring rain thought I would of been like nope laters 🤣🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I couldn’t believe the score last night 0/0😅
    Skive wrote: »
    Scotland did play well. Always going to be a difficult match given the history and rivalry. Fact remains England should be beating them rather easily and they didn’t. England were generally poor.

Yes it does include Ally McCoist lol he was trying to be somewhat neutral at times and gave England praise when they did well. He was excited though when Scotland did well I'll give you that. The rest of them were all very pro English and not really even giving Scotland praise.

Tbf they haven't played in a major tournament against each other for an extremely long time. Saying that England should win could be debated because they haven't played each other with this squad, everything comes down to how each team plays on the day. Fact is Scotland played better than expected which slowed England down. Sure the English players *should* have scored, but should Che Adams not have scored? He plays in the premier League, albeit Southampton. He's a goal scorer and missed many chances that he worked hard for.

Who knows what could happen when pride comes into play. When I played abroad with my ice hockey I found we did better against the teams we were expected to lose to and lost to teams we should've been beating. It could easily be a mental thing - Scotland were the underdogs and England were expected and expecting to win.

I was born in England and support an English team, I don't have a Scottish team. I was raised in Scotland and my mum supports England. So I tried to be neutral but nah didn't happen :lol
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Someone on my Facebook really did ask everyone why Scotland was playing with England when Scotland is in England
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    Skive wrote: »

Yes it does include Ally McCoist lol he was trying to be somewhat neutral at times and gave England praise when they did well. He was excited though when Scotland did well I'll give you that. The rest of them were all very pro English and not really even giving Scotland praise.

Tbf they haven't played in a major tournament against each other for an extremely long time. Saying that England should win could be debated because they haven't played each other with this squad, everything comes down to how each team plays on the day. Fact is Scotland played better than expected which slowed England down. Sure the English players *should* have scored, but should Che Adams not have scored? He plays in the premier League, albeit Southampton. He's a goal scorer and missed many chances that he worked hard for.

Who knows what could happen when pride comes into play. When I played abroad with my ice hockey I found we did better against the teams we were expected to lose to and lost to teams we should've been beating. It could easily be a mental thing - Scotland were the underdogs and England were expected and expecting to win.

I was born in England and support an English team, I don't have a Scottish team. I was raised in Scotland and my mum supports England. So I tried to be neutral but nah didn't happen :lol

I saw no evidence of an pro Engish bias in the coverage. If anything it was the opther way round.
    Ally Mccost repeatedly reffered to Scotland as 'us' and 'our'. He even said "after listening to my old boss Souness, I am just about ready to march on Carlisle"
    The pundits in the studio included Graame Souness and Scoot Brown. They also threw objectively well out the window, as I 'd expect them to to be honest.

Scotland are 44th in Fifa worl rankins, with Jamaica and Romania either side of them. England are 4th in the world rankings. While Scotland played extremely well, England should be beating them. Scotland will be much happier with the draw than England will have been.

The best home nations performances so far have come from Wales.
    Weekender Offender 
    England
    Can Scotland even play again? One of their players has tested positive for covid