Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General EURO'S 2⚽2⚽

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
edited June 2021 in General Chat
Since some people aren't interested in football and others are, I figured it's about time we had a general chat dedicated solely for the euros!

Space is here for chat about team selections, any teams, games and anything else euros related.

Let's keep fan violence out of it - only positive things here please!

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Today's fixtures are

Italy 🇮🇹 Vs 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Wales - 5pm

Switzerland 🇨🇭 Vs 🇹🇷 Turkey - 5pm

Any predictions? Scores or winners?

I'm hoping for Wales and Switzerland wins but who knows!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hoping for Wales, idk if I’ll watch it or not though.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Yeah I'm not sure what we're watching. My bf has been watching most of the games. He's a big footy fan and goes crazy during the Scotland games. He's been supporting Germany also
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    They really did!

I was gutted for Wales today but glad they've got out of their group. Tough group they were in.

Gareth Bale missed a hell of a chance. He'll be kicking himself after that.

Also felt the red card was fairly weak. I mean yes by definition sure, but bit harsh. Seen some things going uncalled but a straight red for studs slightly high at this level seems a bit harsh.

Was glad to see Switzerland win of course. Although I wasn't watching, I heard Turkeys goal was brilliant?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Okay so games for today -

Ukraine 🇺🇦 Vs 🇦🇹 Austria - 5pm

North Macedonia 🇲🇰 Vs 🇳🇱 Netherlands - 5pm

Any predictions for today?

I'm going for wins for Austria and Netherlands. We shall see.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    I got austria for this lotto thing where we all get a team, who ever wins the euros gets the prize. I WANT AUSTRIA TO WIN.

Ive got Austria in our work sweepstake too 😀
    Weekender Offender 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Yesterday's matches were insane, best night of the Euros so far! And now we're going up against Germany next, looks like it'll be a good match up. England vs Wales in the semi finals, anyone? :D
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Azziman wrote: »
    Yesterday's matches were insane, best night of the Euros so far! And now we're going up against Germany next, looks like it'll be a good match up. England vs Wales in the semi finals, anyone? :D

I'm definitely going for a Germany win hehe. My bf is part German.

We had a couple of friends over last night to watch a few of the games, definitely fun time.

Last night England were playing against everyone in the group of death, it was hilarious.

I'm not too fussed who wins anymore. I'd be more inclined to support England if 1. They'd taken JWP and 2. The fans haven't been so obnoxious all over social media lol
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    OH NOO. Austria have Italy in the last 16. They're gonna lose and im not gonna get my prize

Almost beat them
    Weekender Offender 
    AHAHAHHAAH sorry guys but I am SO happy
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    3m1adegwg0gz.jpg

Nah Italy played dirty. Fuck that
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    AHAHAHHAAH sorry guys but I am SO happy
    I think I heard actual fireworks
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    The way Italy played tonight was dirty, hands down.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I’m so drunk
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Shaunie having fun?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    GreenTea wrote: »
    3m1adegwg0gz.jpg

That shouldve been a red card. And the one where the guy stood on Grealish's thighs, he literally had stud marks in his leg.

Never a red, he wasn't last man back. It's called a tactical yellow card. Sure it's dirty but sometimes you gotta take a hit to make a play.

Regarding the grealish thigh stud marks, he literally went in for that challenge and I don't remember if a yellow was given but if not then sure I'd give a yellow max.

England also played dirty, it's just England fans can't see that past their England tinted glasses.

It's gutting but Italy were generally the better team too.

Imagine sending out 3 of your youngest players to take crucial penalty shots. Nah man that's bad management. They'd have won if it wasn't for that, 100%.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Italy didn't deserve that win
    GreenTea wrote: »
    3m1adegwg0gz.jpg

That shouldve been a red card. And the one where the guy stood on Grealish's thighs, he literally had stud marks in his leg.

I agree. Should of been red carded. Just dirty man
    I wish the euro’s was on every year. Had soo much fun
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    They should’ve chose different people for the penalties