Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Hey @Shaunie Do you wear long sleeves at work?

Yeah most of the time but not when it’s this hot it’s too much especially with all the bodies
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Do you ever just put on music and dance around the room?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    @Shaunie tbh, I dont know how to cover scars without long sleeves. I was told something about makeup, but it just doesn't look right because my arms are so pale.

The black hair really suits you and I dont think it makes you look emo.

Thank you. Yeah same. I’m pale and foundation on it doesn’t really make any difference. Cause some of my scars are like purple atm. I don’t know if I should get a tattoo or not but I wouldn’t want a sleeve one which only problem.

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    YAY IM AN INCREDIBLE POSTER

Yayyy
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    YAY IM AN INCREDIBLE POSTER

Well done
    Morning! How is everyone?
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    I'm good! How are you @Shaunie
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Hi.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    I hate it when I have my braces tightened. I have to go through this nightmare again in about 6 weeks. :(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Dancer wrote: »
    I hate it when I have my braces tightened. I have to go through this nightmare again in about 6 weeks. :(

Sorry to hear about that, man. How long are you in braces for??
    lovemimoon wrote: »

I have had braces for nearly 2 years now. I probably still need them for at least another 12 to 18 months. :( I still haven't even had the elastic bands yet. My top teeth are ready but not my bottom teeth. I got braces due to a severe overjet (overbite- Google it if you don't know what it means.) My overjet was 13mm which doesn't sound like much but it is a lot and it went down to about 6mm.
    I used to be known as Buck Tooth because of my overbite.
  • m3gan04m3gan04 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    @Dancer aw I’m so sorry people used to call you that, I can imagine how hurtful it could’ve been. People would always point out things about me like the way my nose turns upright and the mole on my neck. Completely normal natural things, but other people turned them into insecurities. I hope you come to peace with yourself.

I’ve also had braces on for 2 years now and haven’t been told when they’re coming off <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Morning
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Morning morning allllll☀️☀️☀️
    lovemimoon wrote: »

I have had braces for nearly 2 years now. I probably still need them for at least another 12 to 18 months. :( I still haven't even had the elastic bands yet. My top teeth are ready but not my bottom teeth. I got braces due to a severe overjet (overbite- Google it if you don't know what it means.) My overjet was 13mm which doesn't sound like much but it is a lot and it went down to about 6mm.

How do you feel about this??
    I used to be known as Buck Tooth because of my overbite.

I'm sorry to hear that. People suck, man. I hope things have been better since. <3
    Morning @independent_
    m3gan04 wrote: »
    @Dancer aw I’m so sorry people used to call you that, I can imagine how hurtful it could’ve been. People would always point out things about me like the way my nose turns upright and the mole on my neck. Completely normal natural things, but other people turned them into insecurities. I hope you come to peace with yourself.

I’ve also had braces on for 2 years now and haven’t been told when they’re coming off <3

Thank you. At the time I didn't really understand what it meant to be called Buck Tooth because I was only in primary school but now I really understand what it means. My mum also said yesterday that I used to be competing with Bugs Bunny. I'll never be beautiful. Sometimes I really want to give up with treatment. I've been having treatment since the end of year 6 (retainer from the end of year 6 to the May half term of year 8 and then braces since the end of year 8.)
    Well at least braces are better than a retainer. The retainer was absolutely disgusting and made me feel insecure (especially in Spanish lessons when I had to do a lot of speaking and I wasn't really understood.)
    @Dancer ugh I agree about retainers! They’re horrible, I haven’t worn mine for years now but it was a nightmare when I did haha.

@lovemimoon hey! How are you?

Heyyy @Salix_alba_2019 how’s you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Heeyyy @LorryTruck I’m alright bit tired though, how are you?
    Thank you. At the time I didn't really understand what it meant to be called Buck Tooth because I was only in primary school but now I really understand what it means. My mum also said yesterday that I used to be competing with Bugs Bunny. I'll never be beautiful. Sometimes I really want to give up with treatment. I've been having treatment since the end of year 6 (retainer from the end of year 6 to the May half term of year 8 and then braces since the end of year 8.)

Hey. You will be beautiful, because beauty is more than what you look like. It's being comfortable in your own skin, knowing and accepting who you are, and most importantly - to own that shit! <3
    @LorryTruck I like it but I’m getting a bit bored with nothing to do in the sun, I don’t really want to sit in the garden by myself haha.