Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Song thread 🎵

rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
Hi everyone!

I'm sure most of us have music playlists depending on our moods. I think we should start a thread with songs that make us feel happy - this could be because of the lyrics, the beat, the memories you have, things you associate with the song etc.

I'll start. A song that lifts my mood is 'The Way Life Goes' by Lil Uzi Vert and Oh Wonder. The lyrics are really quite powerful and i believe it's something we all need to remember.

"I know it hurts sometimes but you'll get over it
You'll find another life to live
I swear that you'll get over it
I know you're sad and tired
You've got nothing left to give
You'll find another life to live
I know that you'll get over it"

Reply with a song that lifts your mood!

Comments

• Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    @Stephanie is going to absolutely enjoy this thread! <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Great idea @rainskye :)

For me it's 'I'll Make a Man Out of You' from Mulan. Firstly, Disney makes everything better. Secondly, it reminds me of living with my friends at uni and the nights-in where we always ended up crying with laughter. We used to sing Disney tunes very passionately :blush:
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    I love the song 'Whistle' by Flo Rida. It just brings back the best memories back when I was at primary school. My classmates and I always used to sing our hearts out when the teachers put this song for us.
    Damn, this just reminded me of a time my phone kept randomly playing this song (just the main whistling bit). I assumed it was a virus but never did get to the bottom of it. 🤔

Loud Places by Jamie XX always puts me in a great mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9luRtEqjc

I think partly because the album as a whole is so uplifting, because I was at quite an outgoing stage of life when it was released, and also because I remember watching Jamie XX's Glastonbury set on TV in 2017 and being absolutely blown away by it. He used this song to close out his set, and even though I wasn't there, I still listen to the whole thing sometimes.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Another song that puts me in a great mood is Vegas Lights by Panic! At The Disco. I think because when I was really into P!ATD I was at a good point in my life :)
  • kaypoppitkaypoppit Posts: 17 Settling in
    Recently I've found the song A-O-K by Tai Verdes and it's getting me through a difficult time in my life. Also though, anything upbeat from musicals usually does the trick and cheers me up, haha! =):p
    I love listening to Footloose. It makes me want to dance along.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Cats On Mars by Seatbelts
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    I would have to say that a happy song at the moment is 'rainbow' by Dodie. It's a quieter one but also so adorable.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Soo....
    Mango by Sevana - A happy Jamaican song about love! Everything about it is <3

Michael Jackson songs:
    Blame It On the Boogie
    Rock My World

Voulez-Vouz by ABBA - I've danced to this song way too many times. It's so old but it feels so new.
  • m3gan04m3gan04 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    I think I’m okay - Machine Gun Kelly, Yungblud, Travis Barker
    By far my favourite song! I can relate to every single lyric in that song, which is pretty rare lmao. It’s honestly incredible

‘I hurt myself sometimes is that too scary for you’
    ‘Up all week wasting time on people I don’t like’

I could go on... 😂
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Forget me too - machine gun Kelly, Halsey
    The lyrics describe me and boyfriends relationship perfectly - They’d be better off alone but they can’t resist each other

Him: ‘I’m keeping you waiting, but I won’t wait on you
    You want me to forget you, okay forget me too

Her: ‘We’d both be better off alone, still think I’d get you on the phone
    With one last breath in me, I’d die before I let you leave’.
    Intro Bonito - Kero Kero Bonito
    My Party - Kero Kero Bonito
    This about to be the babiest thing I've ever said on this site but Island Song actually never fails to make me feel like I'm gonna god damn cry.

Its the outro song from Adventure Time but if anyone's spoken to me it should be no surprise that I never even watched that show (I have seen nothing), I remember it came on sometimes but it was never something I watched a lot. I don't know why the song makes me feel so emotional

The song:
    https://youtu.be/xXQNdUpCQzw

I dunno, maybe its because I don't want to grow up
    https://youtu.be/wjsU4mqSdhU

Dominique is a great song (especially the French version.) It just sounds so comforting and I was listening to it on repeat yesterday.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I don't think your song choice was childish or anything like that @Apollo Adventure Time might be a kids cartoon but it has a lot of very sweet and emotional songs. One of my personal favourites from it is Everything Stays, it's a beautiful song about the passage of time and forgotten things from childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr0UOKd1dd0
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Riley I really like this. I know as you said Adventure Time is a kids cartoon but from what I've seen of it it's always seemed kind of an emotionally intelligent show, and the character designs are nice. I'd like to watch it some day
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Dancer wrote: »
    @Stephanie is going to absolutely enjoy this thread! <3

This is such an awesome thread :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I am LOVING the Glee version of Damn It, Janet (Rocky Horror Picture Show) atm - it just is so easy to sing along to even if you can't sing well (which is certainly an accurate description of me haha).