Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For you personally, how has lockdown been affecting exam season?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
edited May 2022 in The Class of The Past
Title speaks for itself. :) Curious about how you're all getting on, and whether lockdown has made a difference to how you're finding it all (either in a positive or negative way). Obviously not everyone does exams, so anything graded that you've been working on counts as well!
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I've got three exams coming up and if I'm honest, I really couldn't care less about them :joy: I was stressed at first but then when you compare answering a few questions on a piece of paper to everything else going on in the world, it's minuscule. Obviously I want to do well but there are many more bigger things to worry about!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I absolutely love this answer @Eleanor ! Exams can ofc be a source of stress for lots of people, especially when teachers and family put pressure on us to do well. I'm glad to hear you know that you deserve not to worry about exams <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    In Health and Social Care, the exam board have reduced the amount of coursework needed for Unit 2 which is good so I only have to focus my coursework on one of the people rather than both.

In Dance, the teachers are waiting to hear from the exam board about if any changes are being made such as only needing to do 1 set phrase for the exam rather than 2 set phrases (my school do Shift and Breathe) which is what is happening for the current year 11 students.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    stephyb21stephyb21 Posts: 15 Settling in
    Covid has undoubtedly affected my exams for the past two years at university. Exams changed from closed-book in the university hall to open-book essays from home which we had extra time to complete. To be quite honest I think it was a change for the better and definitely made revision a lot easier with them being open book and marking being more lenient.
  • Options
    ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    As someone in year 12 who a couple of weeks ago received their mock exam results i have to say i do think my results have been effected by lockdown. All of my teachers have noted the considerable difference in my year compared to those before us due to not doing GCSE exams. Things like exam technique and timed conditions which are usually fine tuned during GCSEs just simply hasn't happened which has pretty dramatically effected our results.

They've noted much of the year has done a lot worse than expected if not one of the worse overall year performances they've ever had. Maybe this might just be my school, but i have heard from others that they've been seeing the same trends.

As for revision like lots of people on this thread i found revision so hard, being able to focus. Knowing parts of the content i really didn't fully understand due to either being taught entire topics online or just lack of exam skills which are usually taught in person ( especially since i do all essay subjects). But it's totally understandable that in person lessons we are used to don't translate well to online. I mean from the age of 5 I've been taught in one specific way by all my teachers in a relatively similar environment, any change from that is going to cause significant changes in performance and understanding.