Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What Has Made You Laugh During Lockdown?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I know that many people hate lockdown and can probably only think of negatives but I was wondering what sort of stuff has made people laugh or smile. 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    This all happened on Microsoft Teams today.

Earlier one of my classmates put on to the Drama Home Learning chat "I'm so BORED!" 

Then one of the teachers said "Can we not use this page to inform people of our boredom! This is to be used for work and work only!" 

I said "Thank you. You took the words out of my mouth."

The teacher will probably think "That girl is a cheeky but sweet git" when she sees the message. The teacher has only spoken to anyone from the group maybe twice since lockdown just to set us work to do. She was obviously waiting for her moment.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Haha that is funny!

Anything that comes from my eldest brothers mouth is hilarious Trying to think of the funniest! 

The most recent was when we had a spam call and they said they'd cut our BT off(which we don't have) and he just said pah who still has BT update your scam to Sky or something  =)

Today i rang up and my full blood count test still isn't back and my brother said why did they get confused counting the red cells (4. 5. uh shoot, 1)  =)

College wise our lecturer said today "i don't know though i don't want to stress you out!" and i was like so why are you then? lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Whilst I don't have anything specific, just spending time with my parents is great fun. They usually manage to make me laugh and we find lots of small things funny :D
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    I have been listening to a podcast called Shagged, Married, Annoyed which I think is really funny (although as you can tell from the title it's a bit rude!)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Seeing people running in clothes that are clearly not meant for running (e.g. jeans) to get outside!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Tiktok! I can just scroll through watching a few videos and end up crying with laughter haha!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    coc0mac said:
    Tiktok! I can just scroll through watching a few videos and end up crying with laughter haha!

Same. Just same
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    My youth groups 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    The return of Spitting Image has been awesome to see again!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    The Kiffness
    There aren't any trick or treaters in my area but my sister went to the shop so she knocked on the door when we got back and said "Trick or Treat" as a joke to cheer us up. So we gave her some sweets anyway.
  • jurlew4111jurlew4111 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    I know you all might have already seen this, but Family Lockdown Boogie was pretty fun xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ugfNXYcDg
    I just want you to know that I honor what you’re going through right now. I am here for you.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Mine has to be when my friends neice told that she wouldn't like to see me again 💀 she's not too keen on strangers lool
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Seeing late night hosts doing their shows without an audience. James Cordon's show has basically turned into him and the crew bantering about and, honestly, it's more entertaining than before.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Earlier today me and some classmates were chatting about how a coronavirus test works and if it actually touches the brain when it goes into your nose. Turns out it was just rumours.
    The video that the teachers at my school put together was really funny. Usually the staff put on a Christmas performance for the students but they can't due to coronavirus.
    Yesterday I heard 2 of the cats having a fight upstairs and I was about to go and break it up and then they ran downstairs. My sister also heard and she came out of her room and said to me "Was that you hissing and growling again." At least she knows how to make me laugh and I know that she was only joking.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    I watched a bird push another bird off my balcony today after they'd been fighting :lol:

no birds were harmed in the entertainment experienced (I hope!)

Emma_ said:
    I watched a bird push another bird off my balcony today after they'd been fighting :lol:

no birds were harmed in the entertainment experienced (I hope!)

Lol
    edited January 2021
    Yesterday I got so bored that I decided to take the label off a water bottle, make it into a unicorn horn and stick it on my forehead.
    Post edited by Dancer on
  • jurlew4111jurlew4111 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    Dancer said:
    Yesterday I got so bored that I decided to take the label off a water bottle, make it into a unicorn horn and stick it on my forehead.
    You're hilarious XD
    I just want you to know that I honor what you’re going through right now. I am here for you.
  • ren0420ren0420 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Dancer wrote: »
    I know that many people hate lockdown and can probably only think of negatives but I was wondering what sort of stuff has made people laugh or smile. 

the governments incompetence :D
    Lol. Completely agreeing with you!
    Currently got virtual parents evening and it was funny how my Health and Social Care teacher couldn't get her microphone to work so she has to write down everything that she wants to say. I feel bad for her as she has to talk to 30 parents like that but I also find it funny as she has never really been the best with technology.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I find Schmidt from New Girl to be one of the funniest TV characters ever and re-watching it has brought me immense joy and laughs =)