Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Winter break (Monday 4th Jan - Sunday 10th)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
angry episode 9 GIF
[image: Simpsons character saying "It's not over! It's just intermission!"]

For those unfamiliar with group chat breaks, click the spoiler below for some info. :)

What is a 'group chat break'?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chats.

We use these periods as a chance to gather up the feedback we've received from you all, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on. Sometimes that happens behind the scenes, and sometimes we run projects on the discussion boards for you to get involved in during that week. It's also a good chance for our volunteers and staff to have a break.

When are they?
Typically, there's a break in January, April, and August.

When's the next break?

Our Winter break will be from Monday 4th January - Sunday 10th January. The usual group chat schedule will resume on Monday 11th January.

Typically, Winter break would be two weeks rather than one. We've decided to stick to one week this time to keep group chat open as much as possible. We also made the decision to schedule this break after Christmas and New Year, so group chat stays open over those two important weeks.

What's happening that week?

There will be two main events:

1. Community quiz
  2. Feedback review

The community quiz will be in the usual format - 3 rounds of 10 questions, written and hosted by community members. Badges will be up for grabs for winners and hosts. Usually, the theme would be Christmas, but given this chat break is happening after New Year, we're open to other suggestions!

For the feedback review, we'll be collecting feedback about group chat in various ways, taking time to review it as a team, then setting specific goals and actions based on what you tell us. The idea is you'll know exactly what goals we're setting and why, and that process will be completely transparent.

More details on both of these events to come in separate announcements.

Where can I go instead?

If you'd like some quick, live support while group chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one helpline. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from 3pm-midnight. The boards will also be open as normal.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258. You can also head to this thread to find more crisis options if you need urgent support.

----

As always, feel free to throw any questions or comments below. :star:

lets all go to the lobby animation GIF
[image: a retro, grainy 'refreshments' cinema intermission slide]

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Which character is that from The Simpsons?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2020
    Kasa2103 said:
    Wasn't sure on the name so I looked it up - Dewey Largo, apparently. :tongue: The music teacher.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Wasn't sure on the name so I looked it up - Dewey Largo, apparently. :tongue: The music teacher.
    Thank you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi. Why does it say the 16 Saturday on the “when’s chat next on” place 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Noticed that the other day I think it's a technical glitch! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ahh I hope so. it’s also cause I noticed in chat someone said it’s for two weeks. I think. If I remember right. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I think it’s just for the week @Shaunie, from what I’ve heard :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2021
    Yup, just for the week @Shaunie. :) The errors on the chat calendar are actually my bad!

Should all be fixed now, with the exception of Sundays which are refusing to update...

httpsigiphycommedia3ohs81rDuEz9ioJzAAgiphywebp