Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Anch0r33 said:
    That's me back from my skating lesson, was really good again, my coach even took videos of me to show her competitive figure skaters the speed and edge control that I've got! Definitely felt good!
    That’s so great! How long have you been skating? I really love skating but I’m so terrible at it lol
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey heyyyy! 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Just went to the pub for a pint and some chips with my dad. They had their fire on. It was lovely 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @independent_ it's been a long day. Just not in a good mood because of things. 
  • Options
    Anch0r33 said:
    Need to go for a 5k run today woo

Good luck 
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww no that’s rubbish, you doing anything nice for yourself tonight?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww no that’s rubbish, you doing anything nice for yourself tonight?

No idea yet. Depends when I get home
  • Options
    @GreenTea hopefully soon. I’m just looking at new Covid rules here. Wish this shit could just be over :lol: 
  • Options
    @GreenTea hopefully soon. I’m just looking at new Covid rules here. Wish this shit could just be over :lol: 

Literally.. hope the rules aren't too dif
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m in central Scotland unfortunately so the rules are quite strict here - all pubs closed etc just for 2 weeks though. 

I wonder if my training will be cancelled again. 
  • Options
    Waiting for my phone call. Let's see if they ring this time
  • Options
    @GreenTea hopefully they ring soon. There’s actually nothing worse than waiting for calls.
  • Options
    It's the call I was supposed to have on Monday. Was due at 4 so will be interesting to see if they ring
  • Options
    Hope they do. If they don’t phone again that’d be ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Still not rang me.
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Dandelion I've skated since I was 3, figure skated until I was 8 and now playing hockey from 14-now so 6 years of hockey :)

@ThatFelixGuy I'm definitely crazy, I agree. I think I'll be doing it tomorrow at this stage, been swamped with uni work. 

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    @GreenTea hope they’ve rang by now 
  • Options
    @GreenTea hope they’ve rang by now 

Yh they rang. Medication finally upped and they made a referral on my behalf to local team and I just got an email from them with an assessment appointment for November
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Don’t know if anyone’s seen in the news about reagent shortages for labs atm. But that’s what we’re currently dealing with at work and it’s so mad atm 🙃🙃
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @Anch0r33 I absolutely love Ice skating. Don't go often enough because it isn't close but I love learning new things to do on the ice. I just watch other people and try to copy. Such fun, I shall have to go again soon.
  • Options
    @GreenTea that’s fantastic news I’m really glad to hear you’ve finally got that sorted :) 

@Dandelion I haven’t heard about it but it sounds mad! 
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    EGM said:
    @Anch0r33 I absolutely love Ice skating. Don't go often enough because it isn't close but I love learning new things to do on the ice. I just watch other people and try to copy. Such fun, I shall have to go again soon.
    Ice skating is fantastic, loved being back after seriously considering giving it up over covid 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Hi
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?
    Filled with sadness and anxiety. How about you? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @independent_ thank you for caring. It's really kind. A lot of people hate me and stuff so it just makes me feel a little more wanted when someone cares.
  • Options
    Anyone got anything interesting to say? 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Don’t know if anyone’s seen in the news about reagent shortages for labs atm. But that’s what we’re currently dealing with at work and it’s so mad atm 🙃🙃

I've seen the news but not seen about this. Sounds difficult!
    They knew a second wave was coming. Almost sounds like government just weren't ready
  • Options
    @Shaunie aww sending hugs <3 I’m alright I suppose. Haha so I never have anything interesting to say to be fair.

@GreenTea aww, that must be really hard feeling like people hate you. Always here if you need a chat <3 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @independent_ thank you.
    How are you doing this evening? Done anything nice?