Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Community Quiz (Wednesday 19th August, 7-8pm)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
edited August 2020 in Community Announcements
As Stephen Fry Takes His QI Departure We Salute His 13

We'll be going ahead with a Community Quiz during chat break - woop!

For those who don't know the format: Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round, as well as the person with the overall highest score. All of this takes place in Group Chat, with moderators @Laine and @Aidan keeping overall score and making sure y'all don't get too competitive. ;)

The rounds will be as follows:

1. Entertainment
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

As always, we like to get you guys to write and host these rounds. Hosting just means being the person to ask your questions and declare the winner of each point during your round. If you're not keen on hosting but you'd still like to write a round, that may also be an option.

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, let us know below. We'll likely give the opportunity to someone who hasn't had it before or recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. :3

Note: if you want to write and/or host, you'll need to send us your questions for vetting before Monday.
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2020
    Forgot to say: special boards badges are awarded to quiz hosts and quiz winners. :)
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Can users who haven't hosted before and want to, get priority in hosting? Sorry just feel like others should get an opportunity.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Mike said:
    We'll likely give the opportunity to someone who hasn't had it before or recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. :3 
    @GreenTea I think new hosts are prioritised from what @Mike is saying here :) 

If there is anyone who wants to create questions but doesn't want to host, I'd be happy to do it on their behalf - I'm not sure how you're doing it but thought I would just express that I wouldn't mind :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Oops.. I like speed read without glasses lol
    Just a bump on this to say we still need writers and hosts!
    @Mike I hosted a round last time but I'd be happy to do it again if you need people :) If other people express interest though then please give it to them instead! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    I have a really bad habit of offering then not being able to.. I could always write some questions for someone to host if I can't? I don't mind. I just know a few times in the past I've pulled out ( i feel bad about it) because of work and stuff.
    But I don't mind. It's up to the mix if they want me to give it a go. I mean it's summer so I'm not working now
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yeah you could always write and someone else host if you can't make it! 
    At worse a mod could host it if need be :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    Happy to do a wee round ! :smiley: GK would be good.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Is there any availability left to do a round? If not I will just join in with the quiz.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    edited August 2020
    @Kasa2103 , @Liam , @GreenTea ! Thankyou for offering to write the three rounds :) We've got some good stuff going on here, awesome :D

I'll get some PMs out there about the Quiz, and thankyou for offering to Host @Eleanor .
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Can I join please  :)
    @Emoji246 All the spaces to be hosts are full now unfortunately but you are more than welcome to join the quiz as a participant! Just go to chat as you usually would and the quiz will be on there 😊 Enjoy! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    The quiz is on tonight at 7pm. Best of luck to anyone who is coming. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    We're open! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Come and join us :)
    Thanks for coming tonight everyone! <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited August 2020
    And the results are in

The Mix Trivia Round Winners: @independent_ and @Eleanor (it was a tie.)

General Knowledge Round Winner: @Kasa2103

Entertainment Round Winner: @Eleanor

Overall Winner: @Eleanor (13 out of 30)
    Overall 2nd Place: @Kasa2103 (9 out of 30)
    Overall 3rd Place: @independent_ (8 out of 30)
    Overall 4th Place: guest_narwhal (1 out of 30)

Thank you very much to everyone who came and especially to @Connor @Aidan and @Laine for modding and helping out. And thank you to @GreenTea and @Liam for being amazing fellow quiz round hosts 
    Me and Aidan literally posted it up at the same time. 
    Aidan said:
    1st place Eleanor with 13 points! 2nd place Kasa with 9, 3rd place Elle with with 8, and 4th place guest_narhwal with 1!

Round 1 (The Mix Trivia) winner: Elle and Eleanor tied!
    Round 2 (General Knowledge) winner: Kasa!
    Round 3 (Entertainment) winner: Eleanor!

Thank you Aidan!!
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Was mint ! cheers guys. Well done to the winner @Eleanor 🥳  🎉 and everyone else who took part.
    Well done to the winner and the runners up.
    Well done @Eleanor! You bossed it 💕🙈
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Well done everyone!!! 

Thank you to all the hosts @Kasa2103, @Liam and @GreenTea the questions were great!!!! <3 it was a really fun night and (I think) the first ever community quiz I have attended. Also thank you to the mods @Laine, @Aidan, and @Connor!!! <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Do we get badges for hosting?
    edited August 2020
    Actually don't worry about what I said.
    Mike said:

For those who don't know the format: Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round, as well as the person with the overall highest score. All of this takes place in Group Chat, with moderators @Laine and @Aidan keeping overall score and making sure y'all don't get too competitive. ;)
    It says on here @GreenTea
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:

It says on here @GreenTea

No it doesn't lol
    Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the overall highest score. I think that hosts get badges.
    edited August 2020
    Piling on with the thanks and appreciation! Well done everyone and thank you for taking part, and to our hosts and writers and mods for helping everything run smoothly.

As mentioned, badges will be awarded to winners and hosts. :3