Home Group Chat Announcements

Community Quiz (Wednesday 19th August, 7-8pm)

MikeMike Screen addict 🎮LondonPosts: 2,940 Community Manager
edited August 13 in Group Chat Announcements
As Stephen Fry Takes His QI Departure We Salute His 13

We'll be going ahead with a Community Quiz during chat break - woop!

For those who don't know the format: Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round, as well as the person with the overall highest score. All of this takes place in Group Chat, with moderators @Laine and @Aidan keeping overall score and making sure y'all don't get too competitive. ;)

The rounds will be as follows:

1. Entertainment
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

As always, we like to get you guys to write and host these rounds. Hosting just means being the person to ask your questions and declare the winner of each point during your round. If you're not keen on hosting but you'd still like to write a round, that may also be an option.

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, let us know below. We'll likely give the opportunity to someone who hasn't had it before or recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. :3

Note: if you want to write and/or host, you'll need to send us your questions for vetting before Monday.
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,940 Community Manager
    edited August 13
    Forgot to say: special boards badges are awarded to quiz hosts and quiz winners. :)
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 9,128 Supreme Poster
    Can users who haven't hosted before and want to, get priority in hosting? Sorry just feel like others should get an opportunity.

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

• EleanorEleanor Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,463 Wise Owl
    Mike said:
    We'll likely give the opportunity to someone who hasn't had it before or recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen this time. :3 
    @GreenTea I think new hosts are prioritised from what @Mike is saying here :) 

If there is anyone who wants to create questions but doesn't want to host, I'd be happy to do it on their behalf - I'm not sure how you're doing it but thought I would just express that I wouldn't mind :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    LiamMike
    Oops.. I like speed read without glasses lol

Astrid Alauda

Eleanor
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,940 Community Manager
    Just a bump on this to say we still need writers and hosts!
    @Mike I hosted a round last time but I'd be happy to do it again if you need people :) If other people express interest though then please give it to them instead! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    I have a really bad habit of offering then not being able to.. I could always write some questions for someone to host if I can't? I don't mind. I just know a few times in the past I've pulled out ( i feel bad about it) because of work and stuff.
    But I don't mind. It's up to the mix if they want me to give it a go. I mean it's summer so I'm not working now

Astrid Alauda

• LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,418 Boards Champion
    Yeah you could always write and someone else host if you can't make it! 
    At worse a mod could host it if need be :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
  • LiamLiam mint Posts: 1,587 Account Deactivated
    edited August 15
    Happy to do a wee round ! :smiley: GK would be good.
    Laine
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,350 The Mix Elder
    Is there any availability left to do a round? If not I will just join in with the quiz.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
  • ConnorConnor Posts: 272 Community Manager
    edited August 16
    @Kasa2103 , @Liam , @GreenTea ! Thankyou for offering to write the three rounds :) We've got some good stuff going on here, awesome :D

I'll get some PMs out there about the Quiz, and thankyou for offering to Host @Eleanor .
    Eleanor
  • Emoji246Emoji246 Posts: 379 Listening Ear
    Can I join please  :)
    @Emoji246 All the spaces to be hosts are full now unfortunately but you are more than welcome to join the quiz as a participant! Just go to chat as you usually would and the quiz will be on there 😊 Enjoy! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Emoji246
    The quiz is on tonight at 7pm. Best of luck to anyone who is coming. <3
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Emoji246
    We're open! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Come and join us :)
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,656 Boards Champion
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    Kasa2103
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,656 Boards Champion
    edited August 19
    1st place Eleanor with 13 points! 2nd place Kasa with 9, 3rd place Elle with with 8, and 4th place guest_narhwal with 1!

Round 1 (The Mix Trivia) winner: Elle and Eleanor tied!
    Round 2 (General Knowledge) winner: Kasa!
    Round 3 (Entertainment) winner: Eleanor!
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    EleanorGreenTeaindependent_
    Thanks for coming tonight everyone! <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

EleanorGreenTea
    edited August 19
    And the results are in

The Mix Trivia Round Winners: @independent_ and @Eleanor (it was a tie.)

General Knowledge Round Winner: @Kasa2103

Entertainment Round Winner: @Eleanor

Overall Winner: @Eleanor (13 out of 30)
    Overall 2nd Place: @Kasa2103 (9 out of 30)
    Overall 3rd Place: @independent_ (8 out of 30)
    Overall 4th Place: guest_narwhal (1 out of 30)

Thank you very much to everyone who came and especially to @Connor @Aidan and @Laine for modding and helping out. And thank you to @GreenTea and @Liam for being amazing fellow quiz round hosts 
    Me and Aidan literally posted it up at the same time. 
    Aidan said:
    1st place Eleanor with 13 points! 2nd place Kasa with 9, 3rd place Elle with with 8, and 4th place guest_narhwal with 1!

Round 1 (The Mix Trivia) winner: Elle and Eleanor tied!
    Round 2 (General Knowledge) winner: Kasa!
    Round 3 (Entertainment) winner: Eleanor!

Thank you Aidan!!

Astrid Alauda

Kasa2103
  • LiamLiam mint Posts: 1,587 Account Deactivated
    Was mint ! cheers guys. Well done to the winner @Eleanor 🥳  🎉 and everyone else who took part.
    EleanorGreenTeaKasa2103Laine
    Well done to the winner and the runners up.
    Eleanor
    Well done @Eleanor! You bossed it 💕🙈

Astrid Alauda

Eleanor
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 5,258 Part of The Furniture
    Well done everyone!!! 

Thank you to all the hosts @Kasa2103, @Liam and @GreenTea the questions were great!!!! <3 it was a really fun night and (I think) the first ever community quiz I have attended. Also thank you to the mods @Laine, @Aidan, and @Connor!!! <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    GreenTeaEleanorLaineKasa2103
    Do we get badges for hosting?

Astrid Alauda

edited August 20
    Actually don't worry about what I said.
    Mike said:

For those who don't know the format: Community Quizzes consist of 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point going to whoever gives the correct answer first. Titles will be awarded to the winner of each round, as well as the person with the overall highest score. All of this takes place in Group Chat, with moderators @Laine and @Aidan keeping overall score and making sure y'all don't get too competitive. ;)
    It says on here @GreenTea
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:

It says on here @GreenTea

No it doesn't lol

Astrid Alauda