Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sister struggling to get pregnant

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
She’s been trying for 16 months and it’s really sad. I don’t know what to say to help or any suggestions. :(. Don’t do IVF where we live under the NHS and she’s thinking of going private 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Shaunie!

Sorry to hear she's struggling!

It's generally recommended if you cannot conceive after a year to double check with a fertility clinic.

Has she seen anyone as of yet? 
    It may be helpful to figure out if anything is wrong first before thinking of other treatment? 

The NHS page has lots of information on it if you want a read 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/infertility/

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Laine said:
    Hey Shaunie!

Sorry to hear she's struggling!

It's generally recommended if you cannot conceive after a year to double check with a fertility clinic.

Has she seen anyone as of yet? 
    It may be helpful to figure out if anything is wrong first before thinking of other treatment? 

The NHS page has lots of information on it if you want a read 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/infertility/

Thank you @Laine. She was seeing someone but I think corona has ruined it. She does have endometriosis. And she had surgery for it but i don’t know. She really wants to be a mum :’(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Second the suggestion of a fertility clinic. :) Would also say you're doing a huge amount by being there and listening @Shaunie - that's 80% of supporting someone. You're not an expert at the end of the day so it's okay not to have the answers in a situation like this. It's really kind of you to look out for her.

Does she have a date to see someone again or is it completely on hold?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Thank you mike. She’s having an operation soon for her emdemotis but I’m not sure if that will help
    She’s finally being referred to the fertility clinic. Which was put on hold cause of corona 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    The operation should hopefully help as it will remove the scar tissue,
     Generally speaking women with endometriosis are still quite likely to conceive it's just that it may take longer or require other methods 

Hopefully she gets an appointment at the clinic soon! ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld