Home Sex & Relationships
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Free Wednesday evening? Come along to our safeguarding co-design session from 6-7:30PM. sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sister struggling to get pregnant

ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,284 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
She’s been trying for 16 months and it’s really sad. I don’t know what to say to help or any suggestions. :(. Don’t do IVF where we live under the NHS and she’s thinking of going private 
Laineindependent_Ariannachubbydumpling

Comments

• LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    Hey Shaunie!

Sorry to hear she's struggling!

It's generally recommended if you cannot conceive after a year to double check with a fertility clinic.

Has she seen anyone as of yet? 
    It may be helpful to figure out if anything is wrong first before thinking of other treatment? 

The NHS page has lots of information on it if you want a read 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/infertility/

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 13,284 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Laine said:
    Hey Shaunie!

Sorry to hear she's struggling!

It's generally recommended if you cannot conceive after a year to double check with a fertility clinic.

Has she seen anyone as of yet? 
    It may be helpful to figure out if anything is wrong first before thinking of other treatment? 

The NHS page has lots of information on it if you want a read 
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/infertility/

Thank you @Laine. She was seeing someone but I think corona has ruined it. She does have endometriosis. And she had surgery for it but i don’t know. She really wants to be a mum :’(
    Laine
  • MikeMike 🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,614 Community Manager
    Second the suggestion of a fertility clinic. :) Would also say you're doing a huge amount by being there and listening @Shaunie - that's 80% of supporting someone. You're not an expert at the end of the day so it's okay not to have the answers in a situation like this. It's really kind of you to look out for her.

Does she have a date to see someone again or is it completely on hold?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
    Thank you mike. She’s having an operation soon for her emdemotis but I’m not sure if that will help
    Mike
    She’s finally being referred to the fertility clinic. Which was put on hold cause of corona 
    Laine
  • LaineLaine Fruit loop Gone for gooPosts: 2,767 Account Deactivated
    The operation should hopefully help as it will remove the scar tissue,
     Generally speaking women with endometriosis are still quite likely to conceive it's just that it may take longer or require other methods 

Hopefully she gets an appointment at the clinic soon! ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld