Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

friend and her boyfriend

ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
hey been away for awhile just because of things but anyway my friend has a new bf and he’s just a cunt,the first time i met him i was apparently looking at him for too long and then they both accused me of liking him, like just no. Then the second time I met him he started bringing stuff up from the past that my friend has told him which I don’t even know why like he wasn’t even there at the time. They both talk shit about me she’s just not a nice friend she’s isolated me from people and well talks shit about me and I’ve wanted to leave but I’m literally scared of her and i have no other friends. I just can’t be bothered with her or him anymore like i understand that it’s her bf n that but come on don’t disrespect me just because he doesn’t like me 

Comments

• Tee ATee A Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ems16 !!

I think you're completely right there! They should not disrespect you regardless of whether you like each other or not! From my own experience, I just pretend to like my mates bf "just to keep the peace" but if they were talking about me and the personal conversations I had with my friend, I'd rethink about that. Maybe before doing something like ending the friendship, bring this up to your friend. She might not understand your perspective  :o
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ems16

I'm so sorry, this sounds so horrible. It sounds like he's a bully and he's turning her into one too. 

BullyingUK offers advice and support to victims of bullying. Maybe you could give them a call on 0808 800 2222 and have a chat, or just have a look at their website.

We also have an article about confronting a friend that might be helpful:
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/how-to-confront-a-friend-3318.html

Sending hugs - we're all here to support you.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Best thing you can do is get out of there - no friends is far better than bad ones, and it sounds like being linked to her is causing you all sorts of problems. You'll find other people x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.