Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Mix's free elearning courses

2»

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Ed_ I will have a look later today 😄
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just a heads up that our new Money Works course is now available. This comes with its own badge, and the 'Completionist' badge has been changed from 'completed all 6 of The Mix's elearning courses' to 'completed 6 of The Mix's elearning courses'. As we get more courses added, we'll add more badges for completing multiple (e.g. perhaps a badge for completing 8, 10...)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    edited July 2020
    @Ed_ @Mike I've just finished the Money Works course and the content was great! 

The sliders still aren't working however and when I press retry on a quiz the screen just goes purple :) 

Also @Mike the link you have put to request the badge takes you to the course page not the badge request page :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @Ed_ @Mike I've just finished the Money Works course and the content was great! 

The sliders still aren't working however and when I press retry on a quiz the screen just goes purple :) 

Also @Mike the link you have put to request the badge takes you to the course page not the badge request page :) 
    Nice! Well done @Eleanor - you don't hang around. :tongue:   

You're totally right - I just fixed the link. Give that a go. :)
    @Mike No I do not :joy: Lock down has got me learning all kinds of things :joy: 

The new link works, thank you! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @Eleanor - should be some fixes now for retrying quizzes, let me know if that works for you :3

I can't recreate the slider issues, but will have a think about some ways of fixing them :+1:

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    I fancy doing this can you tell me how I get involved?
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @pandalover200 :)

That's great to hear that you're interested in completing the e-learning, it's very easy to sign up. First you'll need to create an account on the e-learning portal. Then simply visit The Mix Learning and click on any course to begin. Best of luck with it!
  • pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    PoppyB said:
    Hey @pandalover200 :)

That's great to hear that you're interested in completing the e-learning, it's very easy to sign up. First you'll need to create an account on the e-learning portal. Then simply visit The Mix Learning and click on any course to begin. Best of luck with it!
    Great thanks 
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Mike wrote: »
    For those who don't know, The Mix offers free elearning courses. Once completed, they can be added to your CV and give you a headstart when applying for either paid work or volunteer roles, either for The Mix or for other charities like ours. They also provide life skills for you to use day-to-day. :)

What courses are there?
    There are 7 courses anyone can complete:

* Essential Skills for Online Support (2 hours)

* Talking about Anxiety and Depression (2 hours 30 minutes)

* Conflict Resolution: Improving Your Relationships (1 hour 30 minutes)

* Brand You - what are your transferrable skills? (45 minutes)

* Consent: Be Better at Sex (1 hour)

* Problem-solving (45 minutes)
    * Money Works (1 hour 20 minutes)

Excitingly (obviously this is the best part ;)), there are now also 8 shiny new badges to earn:

Where do I sign up?
    If you want to check our our elearning, you'll need to head to our elearning portal. From there, you can create an account and visit The Mix Learning. Once you're there, can click on any course to enrol yourself.
    How do I get the badge?
    If you complete a course, or have already completed a course but don't have the badge, you can request it by going to the relevant badge link and clicking 'request badge'. Links below:* Essential Skills
    * Anxiety & Depression
    * Conflict Resolution
    * Brand You
    * Consent: Be Better at Sex
    * Problem-solver
    * Money Works
    * Completionist

Questions? Post them below. :) Happy learning!

Hi there. I have completed the Brand You course as well as the Anxiety and Depression course. I have applied for a badge, do I just wait to receive an email? Thanks!
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    I loved the depression and anxiety course, I enjoyed it, I learnt how to support others more now, so thank you!
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Leila wrote: »
    I loved the depression and anxiety course, I enjoyed it, I learnt how to support others more now, so thank you!

That's great @Leila, really lovely to hear you completed the course and enjoyed it! <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Aife wrote: »
    Leila wrote: »

That's great @Leila, really lovely to hear you completed the course and enjoyed it! <3

I did another
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    Is this available for any years? I’m in year 11 now and I want to go into medicine and I’m doing alevel this September (maths chemistry biology and physics is what I’ve chosen so far) and I’m not sure if it’s the right approach? If you could please reply I’d be grateful 😊 thank you
    - Diana
    You are loved and you are amazing
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @Kesh260807 yeah it is ive done a few of them

Thank you I appreciate it ❤️

You are loved and you are amazing
    Bumping this for anyone who fancies studying up 😊
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    JustV wrote: »
    Bumping this for anyone who fancies studying up 😊

Nerding up
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    If you drop us a DM with your registration details @Morgyn007 we can reset it for you :)
    Reminder that if you've done any of these, remember to claim your badges!
  • VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    how do i reveive my badge for the completion of the annual study?
    I've sent that one over to you @VicK_torious - thank you!

For anyone else seeing this, you can either comment on the discussion to say you've completed the survey, or request the badge directly by going to this page.

To complete the survey, click here. :)
  • RiverRiver Community Champion Posts: 987 Part of The Mix Family
    @JustV can I get the badges I had on my old account or do I have to start again
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
    @River you can re-request the elearning ones, but the badges for reaching certain post counts or getting reactions are automated and so will have to be earned again :)