Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diagnosis-I feel so lost

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
I don't even know how to come to terms with it...apparently I have EUPD...I'm struggling even thinking about the fact I got diagnosed with it even though I wanted a diagnosis. I don't know how to feel.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hugs Melly. I have EUPD diagnosis too took me awhile to come to terms with it. I still don't think i have it. But i personally don't like to focus on diagnosis as we are all different. Its also known as borderline personality disorder which is a horrible name. Im here if you want to speak more about it <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Hugs Melly. I have EUPD diagnosis too took me awhile to come to terms with it. I still don't think i have it. But i personally don't like to focus on diagnosis as we are all different. Its also known as borderline personality disorder which is a horrible name. Im here if you want to speak more about it <3
    I honestly just didn't think it was that and it's almost a shock to me that it is... apparently I need dbt and such... I'm just really struggling with it all honestly. They're going to have meetings about me ad such now and I was left with little help after the phone call...thank you though
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw yeah much of came to a shock. It was a shock when i got told too. DBT is good ive had that. It helps with you to manage things in the moment of times if destress. The only bad thing id say about it is that it manages your symptoms not the cause of why you feel the way you do. Hope you get the support you need <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Yeah I have a lot of trauma in the past and I honestly just felt I needed therapy to work through all that...but if DBT doesn't focus on any of the past. I don't know I'm trying to research it but now I feel more stressed aha. Thank you
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey heyy, I was diagnosed with BPD too!

The label is just to help with the appropriate treatments, honestly don't worry too much💞 no two people with BPD re going to be the same and you are 100% capable of coming out on the other side 😉
    Honestly, I just don't know how to come to terms with it all, I've heard so many things of people with BPD unable to recover and always relapsing (which is kinda true for me so far...)  and I don't know.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    With any diagnosis, it takes time to process it, understand where it's come from, what it means, and how it might change your life in some ways going forward. Don't worry that you might not get it straight away - one of the issues with dealing with mental illness is that it's not easy to see, so it's harder to understand and deal with. Take your time with it, read up about it, and think about your own symptoms and how it might affect you. Of course, you've got support on hand (other sufferers on here or elsewhere, GP/counsellor/therapist, online info etc) - you're not alone x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    yeah I'm trying to read up on it, it's just a lot I guess. I'm hoping to get actual support/some sort of dbt or counselling... I don't know I'm just worried about it all