Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E-Learning Courses!

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hey all!

Hope you're all well! With summer holidays coming up, schools shut, and most lockdown measures still in place, I wanted to draw attention to something I think is important - using your new-found free time well! Many of us have so much more time that we're bored of being bored! I know that lots of you have been getting up to all sorts of things - arts and crafts, volunteering, cooking etc, which is great to see :)

Actually, this free time we've got is the perfect chance to get skilled up. Whether it's courses on careers (e.g. LinkedIn Learning), topics of interest (e.g. Open University), or anything else, training skills at a time like this is a really important part of personal development, and can be a huge boost when it comes to applying for jobs.

I'm really glad that The Mix have online courses for several skills, all of which are well worth having under your belt and on your CV. They don't take too long, and have some really useful information that can be especially useful during these times. Plus, you get a badge on completion, which is always nice. You can find them here: http://learning.themix.org.uk/course/index.php?categoryid=2

I'd really encourage looking out for e-learning courses, both on The Mix, as well as other places like LinkedIn and Open University (among others). They help you to develop your skills, build your CV and career prospects, and help you feel productive with your time. Especially when you learn vital skills such as how to manage your finances, improving communication skills, or how to get better at interviews, it can really make a big difference in the future x

Much love <3
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thanks for this Azziman! there are several online courses you can take i have taken a few free ones on open universities very helpful! good shout on the mixes too very handy :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    There's a website called future learn and it's amazing for courses, wide range, lots of support and it's really good all together