Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Chat thread 16/06/20

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited June 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey everyone here is the replacement thread for support chat! 

I'll be here for the usual chat time but honestly may check in over tonight too! 

Guidelines apply we're all here <3

If you're responding to someone try and @ them or say their so they know they've been replied to :)

Edit. those who may be concerned about board anonymity, 
I can get someone to delete this thread after or i can edit posts and remove comments so its not up for the boards to see! just let me know if you would them edited after :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by Laine on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello! Thank you for this thread.

I'm really struggling tonight
  • Options
    tania_blacktania_black Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hey guys! 
    Thank you for this 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to you all :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    No problem folks :) 

My replies may be a bit slow if i don't see new messages so bare with but i'm here to listen x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Thank you Stephanie.

Feeling very unsettled tonight
  • Options
    Whats on your mind @GreenTea ? <3 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Just feeling exhausted because I'm not sleeping and constantly Anxious. I just feel so deflated all the time 
  • Options
    That sounds very difficult for you @GreenTea

Do you have any support for your anxiety? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    TiredSquirrelTiredSquirrel Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Thank you for setting this up. The Mix have been great.

I've been feeling a bit lonely this evening tbh. Kept myself busy most of the day which helped, but then sort of hit a wall later on and feeling a bit lonely/down. Don't know if I'm missing my ex or what. It's gunna be a year tomorrow since I went on holiday with her so that'll be hard. Even though I'm seeing friends tomorrow, I still feel a bit lost.
  • Options
    No support, I have friends who I can reach out too. 
    I haven't been on medication since February so i guess me struggling shows I can't cope without meds
  • Options
    Sounds tough @GreenTea does anything help you sleep? 

No problem @TiredSquirrel its good that you've kept yourself busy its okay to feel lonely we all can, its positive you're seeing friends its good to stay in touch. The fact that it will be a year tomorrow is understandably tough x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    nope laine! i was on strong sleep meds for a while haha its ok, im gonna chill in general chat as i feel like i need more a distraction tonight. thank you though
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 15 Settling in
    Feeling really lonely tonight just shut myself in my room and don't really want to come out ever.
  • Options
    No problem @GreenTea i'll likely see you over there later tonight :) we're here if you need us x

Sounds like you're having a rough time @Raven
    sometimes we can do with the peace and alone time 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options

• Options
    @Laine its just really hard. I hate the situation I am in, I wish I had some friends.
  • Options
    Do you have anyone you can talk to online @Raven its tough feeling lonely are you able to reach out maybe make some friends somewhere?

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    hiiiiiii
  • Options
    Hey Mia! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine I have no one, desperately wishing I had someone who cared about me 
  • Options
    That sounds really rough @Raven we're all here to listen and we all care :) 

Any places you can join some communities? if you have hobbies or interests you may be able to find discord servers or things 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    sending hugs to those who need them! including you laine! you are doing a fantastic job! and you Stephanie! 
  • Options
    I'm not sure where I would start with that. All I can seem to think about right now is losing my job, I can't sleep at night with worry that I won't get a "proper" job after this situation.
  • Options
    ElizabethElizabeth Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    I care @Raven
  • Options
    Thanks so much @GreenTea lots of hugs back! <3 

For sure @Raven it can be tough if we're going through a hard time. 
    Are you worried about being furloughed? the job prospects after this are scary but the government will ensure you get some kind of money 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine I lost my job back in March, I was working in America and had to come home. I've been home for 3 months now and there doesn't seem to be anything. I was told i am not eligible for universal credit so I have been having to use my savings (there's not much) and living back with my parents. I don't have anyone here to support me. I graduated in october so I was just starting out in my career and it has been taken away. Feel so hopeless and alone.
  • Options
    @Raven

That all sounds very difficult for you, we are here for you and care about you. It's so positive that you've joined this community :heart:

Do your parents know how you are feeling? 

• Options
    @Raven is it because you haven't been back here long enough for UC? 
    Its understandably a tough time have you spoken to the local council or citizens advice? to get some kind of advice on what you can do? 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Stephanie they know how I am feeling but they are less than supportive. My mum in particular is constantly getting on at me for being down all the time and telling me I need to snap out of it. It's just so hard, we constantly argue. 
  • Options
    @Laine I have been in contact with citizens advice but they said nothing I can do, I need to use up my savings before I am eligible. I am not eligible for Jobseekers as I haven't made enough NI contributions in the last 2 years. If I use my savings I won't be able to afford to move out when I get a job which I really need, I need to get out of this toxic environment.