Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emailing my GP

2»

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2020
    Ffs they said it is not possible with the current situation 😭😭😭 but can consider it after the pandemic. 

Just had a phone call of it and he just kept in and kept on talking about the mental health team  😒soo many times. I said " no it's okay thanks, they can't help this problem " he just kept asking why when obvious and kept explaining how he had spoken to them already and think they can help😭😭😭. And just needs my consent. So i just said ok in The end because the call was lasting too long. And i kept saying the same thing
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Fucking hell i don't want to see the mental health team about my embarrassing problems. I don't want anyone else to know😭😭😭😭😭😭 said will ring me in 1 hour
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    They called i just said i am fine so i think they will leave me alone. 

I cant wait any longer i want to remove it myself 😭 i am safe rn tho

• Options
    Someone help me 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    shall i make another gp appointment to ask if i can be put on a list atleast otherwise i will 100% do it myself 
  • Options
    I've just emailed this 

"
    IM sorry to email again but
    Please tell him if i could be put on a waiting list at least To have ---- removed. Andsend him this. 
    The mental health team can not help. Wouldn't you want to kil yourself if you had this problem and only getting worse? Don't like speaking to anyone and isn't that what life is mostly about otherwise I'm just all alone. I need help for this problem not for my mental health. And im feel really really distressed. :'( I've been struggling with this for a while, i meanFeel like only getting worse and more Of a problem recently but really distressing. i know the cause and about 99% sure it will work. And the only thing that kept me alive for a few months was finding courage to see gp and that my gp can help. But if can't i feel/know Im going to go to really bad place and kill myself as no hope left:'(.  I am safe right now and i dont want to be called as i will just pretend everything is fine cause scared my family will hear. But i just need any hope that my ---- can be remove. Or can put me on waiting list? I know you feel there is no reason but i don't think you know much about ------as they are not always visible
  • Options
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I csn really hear how distressing this is for you Shaunie :( the thing is the GP would need to refer you to the correct department at the hospital for them to have alook at and at the moment that’s going to be hard as a lot of non essential hostipal appointments aren’t happeningS

do you think it’s work speaking with the mental health team they may be able to suggest some things to help ease your anxiety and agitation about the whole situation x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Thank you @Millie2787  <3

it feels essential tho. Making me want to kil myself. 😭😭😭

no they cant help at all. It's either sort the problem out or I'm killing myseld. Mental health team can't sort the problem out
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    edited May 2020
    Hi Shaunie, it sounds like this is causing you a lot of stress. This must be really tough for you to go through, especially since you feel that the doctors aren’t listening to you. 

It’s good that you emailed them asking to be put on a waiting list, let us know what they say when they respond. As @Millie2787 suggested it could be worth talking to the mental health team as they might be able to talk you through how you are feeling and give you some advice. Although I completely understand if you don’t want to do that. Is there a reason you feel like talking to them isn’t worthwhile?

I know you’ve mentioned that you want to attempt this surgery yourself and I know that the fact you are considering this highlights how distressing this issue is for you. I think it could be good if you wait to see what the doctor says and continue to communicate with them. Attempting to do this yourself would be incredibly dangerous. The doctors and nurses you have in the hospital are trained on how to care for you and look after you following such a process. It’s sterilised and when there are complications they are already on hand to help you through them as they happen. 

Let us know what the doctor says :)

Post edited by Jordan on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thank you. But i feel so so bad and the only way to feel better seems like to take it into my own hands. Then they can stich me up when i ring 999. Im goin to try to make an phone call appointmentn for next week hoping tuesday so my my dad and sister are at work. So can say how distressed is making me then
  • Options
    Im home alone for the day and im reallyyyy struggling 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    😭😭😭😭😭 i feel like my gp thinks it is in my head and will never do it for me. But it is not in my head 😭😭😭. I feel like they think i obsse over one thing about my body but isnt the case. It is real. Feel like theyre going to end up diagnosing me with OCD. But i def dont have that. If it was in my head i would know and i wouldnt embarrass myself that much 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie,

Just checking in to see how you are doing ? 

It sounds like you are struggling at the minute, you are not alone we are all here for you, and we care about you :heart: 

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I feel a bit better now. 

Made another appointment and is increasing anti depressant. And putting me on antibotic. And said when things start going more back to normal he will refer me. 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie

That's positive news. :heart:

We're always here for you :smile: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    Thanks what does "take two 4 times day for 7 days" mean. Does that mean take 8? 
  • Options
    AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    yup. two at, for example, breakfast, two again at lunch, two at dinner, and two before bed, for a week :)
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Glad you’re feeling a bit better today Shaunie and that it sounds like your gp is taking this seriously 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Thanks @Ariana &. @Lucy307

im too scared to take the antibotics. Not because of side affects or anything. Im just scared it wont work
  • Options
    AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    It’s worth a try, though. The doctor thinks they’ll help and they won’t do any harm, so what’s there to lose?x
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah but kinda might of tried removing it but cause of where is it is hard than thought i didn't really do it well / at all. So now I'm scared that an infection could go on that like infection after antibiotics would be annoying 
     im not sure how long to wait

plus it kinda hope. And if use it and doesnt work then its less hope
    Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    Thank you yeah I'm gunna start antibiotics tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Ffs is it possible for antibotics to give you a different infection?

making other problems worse. I feel like i need a wee alllllll the  time now. But swear had same Antibotics for that sort Either that or its the excitement of seeing bella today
  • Options
    I feel so bad pleaee someone speak with me 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Most antibiotics aren’t really specific so they can treat infections anywhere, so they shouldn’t cause infections anywhere else. Can you contact your GP or someone again to ask for some more advice? X
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Ooh thank you my gp is fed up with me and everytime i ring its not always him that rings back. I will only speak to him about it now because i dont want to embarrass myself with anyone else. I just slept for 12 hours which is pissing me off because i have less time to spead the pills out. my family give me food through out the day and i have to eat it there and then otherwise they will think im relapsing. But these say to take an hour before and two hours after is annoying cause i cant  alway predit if my family will give me food striaght after the other and i dont want to mes it up. Would it make much difference if i do?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I understand I only like to talk to my GP too. I’d try to take it as close to the original directions as possible but not taking them at the exact times a few times shouldn’t do much harm, it may just result in the antibiotics being slightly less effective x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Thank you

i only have one day left of antibotics but its done nothimg. 

it sounds bad but i am thinking about lying about my symptoms to my gp so they can remove my tonsils for me. Like pretending i have a really bad sore throat and ear pain. Is that bad to do because my tonsils might not even be the problem? 

I need to ring him to say hasnt worked because i amgetting veryyyyy suicidal
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2020
    Building on what @Aidan said... is it worth considering how you might feel if you did get your tonsils removed and then didn't feel better? Or if you got them removed, then regretted it for some other reason?

Both of those feel like real possibilities if you decide to mislead health professionals, or potentially jump to something that is irreversible to fix what might be a temporary feeling you're having right now.

I agree that honesty is always best with anything medical. The whole goal of a doctor is to figure out what's going on and what treatment you need, to which good communication is key. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.