Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

NEW Friday and Saturday Group Chats

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
edited May 2020 in Community Announcements
Hey folks!

Since the COVID crisis started, The Mix has been doing a lot of thinking and planning to see how we can really open up the services we're providing, making sure our support is as accessible as possible.

One idea that was put into that discussion was to run Group Chat 7 days a week. Effectively, that means running additional Support Chats and General Chats on Friday and Saturday (the two days not previously covered). This was also suggested by some of you, which makes me happy to say... ;)

Starting Monday the 18th, Support Chat and General Chat will run every day of the week

This is in addition to what was already happening. So all the chats that were previously scheduled are staying where they are, and these new sessions are extra on top of that. If you head to the Group Chat page, you'll see the new chats on the calendar, and the join buttons will appear for those in the usual way.

Additionally, we are running a chat specifically for Young Carers every Friday

These work the same way as a Support Chat, only the space is just for young carers. If you're a young carer, or you think you might be, feel free to come along and see what you think. The group might be small at first (as is always the case with new types of chat), which could be a good opportunity to get some support and chat to other young carers in a quiet space. :)

Big love to the mods for doing extra chats and changing their schedules to make this happen so fast. <3
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Oh, and it might be that we have a few teething issues getting things up and running (e.g. you might see less mods here and there), and do bear with us if that's the case. Early days. :3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    :( It is every Friday though 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    Under 16's will still happen as usual @kasa2103. :3

Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    Oops thank you. I didn't actually notice that part so I got worried. Young Carers Chat sounds like an amazing idea. Any idea which mod it will be or is it whoever can turn up?
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Yes! Such a good idea! I'll try pop in over the weekend to say hi 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    That would be amazing @BubblesGoesBoo How are you and the family doing?
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    This is amazing! I really struggle without chat
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Excellent news!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited May 2020
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Oops thank you. I didn't actually notice that part so I got worried. Young Carers Chat sounds like an amazing idea. Any idea which mod it will be or is it whoever can turn up?
    Currently unconfirmed @kasa2103, but likely whomever happens to be available. Something we're hoping to do in future though is have those chats modded by another young carer. :)

Aidan said:
    Weeks us poor mods have been keeping this idea a secret, I hope the big reveal was worth it! :joy:
    The big reveals are half the fun @Aidan. ;)
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Currently unconfirmed @kasa2103, but likely whomever happens to be available. Something we're hoping to do in future though is have those chats modded by another young carer. :)

Aidan said:
    Weeks us poor mods have been keeping this idea a secret, I hope the big reveal was worth it! :joy:
    The big reveals are half the fun @Aidan. ;)
    Sounds like a great idea Mike. Thank you for letting me know about that. Big reveals are amazing and I am definitely excited about these new chats as well as not having the anxiety inducing 3 day wait between Thursday and Sunday!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yayy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley