Home Group Chat Announcements
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

NEW Friday and Saturday Group Chats

MikeMike 🖥️🎧LandaanPosts: 3,342 Community Manager
edited May 2020 in Group Chat Announcements
Hey folks!

Since the COVID crisis started, The Mix has been doing a lot of thinking and planning to see how we can really open up the services we're providing, making sure our support is as accessible as possible.

One idea that was put into that discussion was to run Group Chat 7 days a week. Effectively, that means running additional Support Chats and General Chats on Friday and Saturday (the two days not previously covered). This was also suggested by some of you, which makes me happy to say... ;)

Starting Monday the 18th, Support Chat and General Chat will run every day of the week

This is in addition to what was already happening. So all the chats that were previously scheduled are staying where they are, and these new sessions are extra on top of that. If you head to the Group Chat page, you'll see the new chats on the calendar, and the join buttons will appear for those in the usual way.

Additionally, we are running a chat specifically for Young Carers every Friday

These work the same way as a Support Chat, only the space is just for young carers. If you're a young carer, or you think you might be, feel free to come along and see what you think. The group might be small at first (as is always the case with new types of chat), which could be a good opportunity to get some support and chat to other young carers in a quiet space. :)

Big love to the mods for doing extra chats and changing their schedules to make this happen so fast. <3
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

  • MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,342 Community Manager
    Oh, and it might be that we have a few teething issues getting things up and running (e.g. you might see less mods here and there), and do bear with us if that's the case. Early days. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,334 Part of The Furniture
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,844 Community Veteran
    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Dancer
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,334 Part of The Furniture
    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    :( It is every Friday though 
    There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,342 Community Manager
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    Under 16's will still happen as usual @kasa2103. :3

    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Dancer
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,334 Part of The Furniture
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    Under 16's will still happen as usual @kasa2103. :3

    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    Oops thank you. I didn't actually notice that part so I got worried. Young Carers Chat sounds like an amazing idea. Any idea which mod it will be or is it whoever can turn up?
    There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,589 Community Veteran
    Yes! Such a good idea! I'll try pop in over the weekend to say hi 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    DancerMike
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,334 Part of The Furniture
    That would be amazing @BubblesGoesBoo How are you and the family doing?
    There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • louisa982louisa982 Thesite.org oldie Posts: 285 The Mix Regular
    This is amazing! I really struggle without chat
    DancerMike
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,132 Master Poster
    Excellent news!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    DancerMike
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,941 Boards Guru
    edited May 2020
    Weeks us poor mods have been keeping this idea a secret, I hope the big reveal was worth it! :joy:
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    Mike
  • MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,342 Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    Under 16's will still happen as usual @kasa2103. :3

    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    Oops thank you. I didn't actually notice that part so I got worried. Young Carers Chat sounds like an amazing idea. Any idea which mod it will be or is it whoever can turn up?
    Currently unconfirmed @kasa2103, but likely whomever happens to be available. Something we're hoping to do in future though is have those chats modded by another young carer. :)

    Aidan said:
    Weeks us poor mods have been keeping this idea a secret, I hope the big reveal was worth it! :joy:
    The big reveals are half the fun @Aidan. ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 5,334 Part of The Furniture
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Mike said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Yes! Thank you so much Mike. Will there still be under 16's chat every other Saturday or is that gone? 
    Under 16's will still happen as usual @kasa2103. :3

    Awwww nooo im at work for the first Carers chat 🥺
    Aw man! No worries though @Millie2787, we'll hope to see you at the next one. :3
    Oops thank you. I didn't actually notice that part so I got worried. Young Carers Chat sounds like an amazing idea. Any idea which mod it will be or is it whoever can turn up?
    Currently unconfirmed @kasa2103, but likely whomever happens to be available. Something we're hoping to do in future though is have those chats modded by another young carer. :)

    Aidan said:
    Weeks us poor mods have been keeping this idea a secret, I hope the big reveal was worth it! :joy:
    The big reveals are half the fun @Aidan. ;)
    Sounds like a great idea Mike. Thank you for letting me know about that. Big reveals are amazing and I am definitely excited about these new chats as well as not having the anxiety inducing 3 day wait between Thursday and Sunday!
    There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • ShaunieShaunie Posts: 12,452 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yayy
    Hi
Sign In or Register to comment.