Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's made you smile today?

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
I'm aware there's a few threads like this but none that we can share what's made us smile :) I have so many things to share but never sure where to put them :lol: so I thought we could share them all here...

no matter how dark the day, there will always be light, basically no matter what you're going through there are positives as well, every cloud and all that <3
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    whats *still* making me smile, is I received a lovely letter yesterday from an inpatient friend, reminding me how strong/brave I am, it's just what I needed to hear :) 'there's happiness out there somewhere and we'll go on a bloody treasure hunt to find it' something she said in the letter, and you better believe it's true! we WILL find that happiness! <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    My new water bottle for work came yesterday! Kinda in love with it 😂

The guitarist out of one of my recent fav metal bands followed me on twitter  and sent me a message and now we're talking about God 😁💖

What's made you smile today? 😊
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yay. I havent seen this thread till now cause i was hoping someone would make this thread. I don’t know yet lol. I just know that i will post here cause i Read that's what made you laugh thread but doesn't always fit there
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The Dr I just saw was REALLY cheery, like contagious cheery, and he doesn't drink coffee 😳 how is this possible!? 😂
    @Shaunie yes! Like there's so many things that have made me smile but not laugh 😊💖
    seeing my nephew so happy about being back at school :)
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Video call with my friend and her daughter! Took her to see some birds as she loves them and it was so nice to chat with them!
    Love my new hoodies 😁💖

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo they look lovely! I want the grey oneeee
    @Salix_alba_2019 if you order one order a size up... I did cause I like my hoodies baggy but it fits 🙄🤣💖
    When going to the shop for a birthday card isn't a necessity but you have a spare mother's day card 🤷‍♀️🤣💖 #LockDownBirthday 

Wish I could post photos of other people 🙄 basically have a stunning photo of my mam from today when she was opening her presents/cards from strangers who were kind enough to send something 💖 she looks SO happy and I haven't seen her smile like that in a long time ☺️ she's struggled with mental and physical health since before I was born and is basically housebound, she only goes out with someone with her... Basically today is about treating her and doing the best I can to make today special for her during lockdown 😊❤️❤️
    When teddy lays his chin on me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I received a gift from a wonderful person :)
    Seeing the swans
    there was a book I really wanted but it was like £5 more than the dvd, so put the dvd on my wishlist, and someone went and bought me the book instead … nearly cried with gratefulness … really did make me smile :)
    Yesterday I was walking home from the shops and I passed through the public garden when I saw the sweetest little munchkin. The baby was around 15 months old, legs crossed and chilling on the grass. As soon as she saw me she smiled at me and waved, I did the same back and it made her so so happy. I had never seen this child and it was truely refreshing seeing someone so joyful.II blew her some kisses and continued on my way. 

She made my whole day 💖
    Seeing my best friends 💕
     more coffeeeee. So happy
    edited May 2020
    I have temportary door of hardboard cause i still need to cut my door sorter because of my new flooring being thicker. But last night teddy knocked the hard board down and ran into my sister room to be sick and came striaght back to go back to sleep 😂 it was like he knew it is new flooring snd didnt want to be sick on it 😂
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Our newest dog Sadie. It's her birthday today and she decided to celebrate by repeatedly trying to play with me while I ate lunch. :joy:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Had a beautiful chat with some firemen and others today when an idiot set a bin on fire. 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its my brothers birthday today, being stuck in I wanted to organize something special so the whole day has had a smile on my face 

From his presents to his party to me lending him my switch all day his face has made it all so worth it always makes me smile :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Never too old to drink Coke from a Star Wars cup.

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Housemate made me ramen. Tofu ramen as it should be kind to my stomach
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited June 2020
    Today on another website one of the mods said that she missed me and was thinking about me as she hadn't seen me around for a few days. She knows that I struggle with my mental health. But she only knows a little bit. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Something that has made me smile today has been logging onto the boards and seeing all the great community support for others and just a general sense of lovely-ness ( I think I've just made that spelling up ) haha!

I love this community :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Watched a cute video on YouTube of a tiny piglet falling in love with a massive dog.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Ranted to a friend who then cheered me up and it was lovely.